10.

Look, I'm not a complicated man, and I like the simple things of eternal life. I like to work out and keep my body looking fit. I like to drink fresh blood that has a little alcohol and/or drugs in it. I like the way a woman's body feels when she arches her back and moans my name, and I like to stand on dry land. No, scratch that. I love to stand on dry land.

"You look green." Callan laughed as I hung my head over the side of the ship. "It's been a week now. How are you still sick?"

"I don't know, and the fact that I can't physically vomit is making it ten times worse." I gagged as we hit another wave. "I want to go home." I wailed, holding onto the boat as we hit yet another wave.

"I'll see if I can get the witch doctor to make you something a little stronger this time," Henry said, patting me on the back.

"Leave him. It might toughen him up." Leon laughed.

"Is he still doing that?" I heard her voice and dug my nails into the wood. "Truly pathetic creature." She laughed like an evil villain.

"Why are you here?" I yelled, trying to hold my head up.

"I like seeing you in pain. It brings me great pleasure." Bianca purred in her British accent.

"Wait. Are you doing this to me?" I looked over at her.

She shrugged innocently and pouted her red lips. "Maybe. Maybe not." Her lips curved up into a sly smile.

"I'm going to kill her," I yelled as I gagged again. "Damn it! I just want to throw up."

"Do you think she's single?" Callan said, looking all doe-eyed at Bianca as she sauntered away.

"Who gives a shit if she is?" I yelled, kicking him in the back of the leg. "Bros before bitches, man!"

"Maybe if you were nicer toward her, she might be more forgiving," Henry said, leaning against the side of the ship and crossing his arms.

"Me? She's the one who's constantly thinking of ways to make my life a living hell." I threw my hands up in the air. "She tried to kill me by opening my bedroom shutter during the day. Damn, near burnt my nuts off!"

"To be fair, you pushed her overboard." Henry raised his eyebrow at me.

"She said I was fat." I protested.

"Correction. She said you were a fat moron." Callan laughed.

"See!" I pointed to Bianca, who was sitting on the helm of the ship, sharpening her long red nails. "She started it."

Bianca smiled at me and flipped me off as she tilted her head.

"Give me a reason to kill her," I growled, clenching my fists. "No fuck that. I don't need a reason, just a place."

"Well, my shift is done." Callan sighed and stretched his arms over his head. "It's your turn to watch the nothingness that is the ocean now."

"Happy to do it." I smiled. "It means I get a break from that." I pointed to Bianca.

"Unfortunately, it doesn't," Henry said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's her shift as well."

"The fuck it is." I glared at him.

"You can't watch the whole ship by yourself," Henry said, a little pissed off.

"Yes, I can. I'll die trying."

"Jake, it's too dangerous on your own." Henry shook his head. "You need to learn to tolerate each other. We need everyone on the same team here if we are going to survive."