34.

I stood anxiously on deck as the crew scrambled to dock the ship at the pier. I didn't realize how much I had missed the human world until this very moment. In fact, I was kind of nervous about being back with human creatures again.

"All ready for departure, Your Highness." The ship's captain bowed his head at Henry.

"Thank you, my good man. You are always welcome in my world." Henry bowed his head and shook the hand of a very proud man.

"Right, get out of my way." Leon pushed past us and headed for the pier. "Sex with my princess awaits." He yelled as he ran off the ship.

"You do not want to be under the same roof as that man and his demon tonight. Let me tell you." Callan nudged me and laughed as he headed for the pier.

"Jacob." Henry patted my back. "It's been a pleasure working with you on this ship. Thank you for your service."

"No problemo, man." I shook his hand. "Are you glad to be home?"

"More than I realized, actually." He smiled, looking over at the human world as the clock on the pier struck at two thirty am in the morning. "I will escort Claudia back to the vampire world. I think the safest place for her is my castle until we do the final exchange with the devil."

"Oh, about that," I said through gritted teeth. "Bianca and I received a visit from the devil, and he informed us that he is going away for a while, and we have to take care of Claudia until he returns for the wedding."

"He said what now?" Henry snapped at me. "How long is that going to take?"

I shrugged and looked around the ship. "He told Bianca she has to stay with her until he returns."

"Correction." I heard Bianca snap behind me. "He told us WE had to look after it until his return." I turned to see Bianca glaring at me like I just told her a really offensive mom joke. "I don't have a degree in Marine Biology and ain't looking after no sea creature by myself."

"Perfect." Henry groaned. "I guess you are all moving into the castle until further notice."

"The vampire world?" I grumbled, throwing my head back. "What if I refuse?"

"What if I set you on fire?" Bianca snapped from behind me.

"So, vampire world it is." I gave Henry a big old fake enthusiast thumbs up. "Yeah."

"I will escort Claudia and Bianca back to the vampire world tonight, and you can join us tomorrow." Henry put his hand on my shoulder. "You will join us tomorrow, won't you, Jacob?" He said in a low, almost threatening tone.

"Of course, your highness." I winked at him. "I just love the horrible, dark, ugly, depressing world of the vampires. I mean, who wouldn't love a world like that?" I put on a fake laugh and looked over at Bianca. "You're going to love it, B."

"I hate it already." She scowled as Claudia walked past with five members of the king's army escorting her off the ship like she was Taylor Swift's cat or something. 

"I must be off," Henry said, patting my back once again. "I'll see you tomorrow night. Bianca, if you would be so kind as to come with me. I'll show you my world and the castle." Henry gestured for Bianca's hand.

Bianca looked at me nervously. Her eyes almost begged me to take her hand and go to the vampire world. She may put on a brave face on the outside, but I knew on the inside she wanted me to be with her. I could feel her calling to me like she was yelling in my ear. She was alone and scared of going to a new world where she was weak and vulnerable. I could read her like a book, and I wanted nothing more than to take her in my arms and...