37

"Ebony! You alright?" I yelled as I punched a rogue vampire in the face, smashing into its skull like it was made of sand. "Stop touching me! You dirty fuck." I snapped the arm off a creepy creature trying to touch my perfect ass. "Not for you. No!" I smashed its face with its arm as bits of bone and blood splattered into the air. "Dirty bitch. As if!"

"Yes. I am fine, vampire Jake." Ebony smiled twisting the head of a rotting creature and smashing it on the ground like a football. "Goal!"

"It's a touchdown, but ok." I laughed, jumping on a vampire's back and forcing it to the ground. "Die, you ugly fucker." I smashed its head with my foot. "Thank you." I wiped my boot on the grass. "B? Where you at?" I yelled, grabbing a creature around its neck as it rolled up on me.

"The pretty demon went over there." Ebony pointed to the castle. "She was following the King of vampires." She ripped a vampire in half and threw it to the ground. "He looked quite upset."

"Henry looked upset?"

"Yes, I would say mad is the emotion he was trying to express, but I'm not very good at guessing those types of things." Ebony punched a vampire in the face and ducked as a metal pole went through the air. "Missed! Ha ha!"

"Pull back." Bossman bellowed as he ran toward us, punching random creatures in the face as they tried to attack him. I don't know if he was actually walking in slow motion but that's how I'm going to remember it. Fucking badass! "We have a report from the witches the wolves are on their way to the palace. The army is in position, and we need to move out." Bossman ripped a rogue vampire in half like it was made of paper. "Jacob, we need you with the mermaid. Apparently, she is not handling this situation very well."

"What does that even mean?"

"It means get your ass to the castle, boy. That's what it bloody means." Bossman snapped at me.
"Ebony, you go with Jacob. It's safer inside for you now." Bossman kicked a vampire in the nuts and made it squeak like a mouse as it hit the ground holding its privates.

"I am fine to stay out here, Carter, the vampire." Ebony protested, pushing a creature into the ground and smashing its head under her boot. "I can do this. I can help."

"I understand that, but I need you inside to keep an eye on this one." Bossman gave me a stern look.

"What? I didn't do anything yet."

"Exactly. Yet." Bossman grabbed a creature by the neck and squeezed it so tight that its head exploded like a balloon. "Protect that damn mermaid, or we are all dead. I'm relying on both of you. That girl is doing things to these creatures that is turning them crazy. Like she is a drug to them." He punched a creature in the gut and kicked it away. "How she is doing this is unknown, but we must go into lockdown."

"You go," Ebony yelled, throwing a creature across the field. "I have your back."

"When you get there, lock her in the cells and protect her with your life. Leon and I will go devil hunting." Bossman picked up Ebony and threw her onto his shoulder as he hit a vampire with his other arm. "Go! Callan and Vinnie are already there waiting for you. You let nothing in or out of that damn castle."

"Understood." I nodded and ran through the crowd of creatures trying to break through the vampire army and attack the castle for a taste of mermaid blood.

"Jake! This way, man." Vinnie ran to me as he punched his way through the crowd. "What is it with this chick?" He yelled, kicking a creature in the head and backflipping off another.

"How do they even know she's here." I elbowed a vampire behind me in the face. "What the fuck is going on?" I pulled Vinnie back as a massive creature swung his fist at the back of his head. "We need to get out here. There is no end to these things." I looked all around me as more and more deformed and rotten creatures approached the castle with a blood thirst I had never seen before. They were willing to die for just a taste of Claudia. "Now I've done some pretty stupid things for girls in my eternal life, don't get me wrong, but this was ridiculous."