7.

"I have to say, Jacob. I am very proud of you right now." Bossman said as we sat in my office the next evening. "I heard dinner with Sophia went very well. Her father was pleased with your behavior. Well done, boy."

"Thank you," My voice cracked nervously, thinking back to my dinner before Penny appeared and saved my ass.

"And I hear you have been retrieving souls with Ebony without any drama as well. She won't stop raving about how amazing you have been." Boss sat in the chair opposite me. "You are actually stepping up and becoming a man. Well done."

"You're welcome?" I wasn't used to Boss talking to me like this, and it was kind of creeping me out. I don't like it.

"Excuse me. Mr. Bouchard, there is someone here to see you," Melissa said from my office door. "A Miss Ava?"

"Ava?" Why was my therapist here? "Ok, just give me a minute."

She nodded and walked back to her computer.

"Well, I should be going anyway." Boss clapped his hands together abruptly. "I have a meeting with Henry in an hour. Apparently, he has news on this mermaid situation." Boss rolled his eyes. "A fucking mermaid." He shook his head in amusement, standing up. "I'll let you know the outcome. Keep up the good work, kiddo."

"Will do, Boss." I felt like a child getting a good report card and showing his parents. "Ok, bye....FUCK! I'm such a fraud." I slumped back in my chair and shook off this weird feeling inside me, hanging my head down in shame. "Why am I such a fucking..."

"You feeling naughty, Mr. Bouchard?" I heard my door slam shut and Ava's voice purring at me.

I looked up to see her standing there in a short white trench coat and black heels. Her red hair bounced on her shoulders like it always does. "What?...Ummm...You look...Ummmm...Oh God....What's my name again?" I stuttered at her standing there. "Wow."

"You're so cute when you're horny." She giggled, undoing the buttons on the trench coat slowly. "Let's see if I can make you speechless." She dropped her coat to the floor and stood in front of me, wearing sheer black lace underwear.

"Holy shit Batman!" I smiled at her standing up. "Ava...."

"Shhhh." She whispered, walking toward me slowly. "Your boss will hear you." She jumped on me and straddled my waist. "I missed you." She kissed me slowly, sliding her tongue into my mouth and smiling against my lips. "I missed your mouth." She kissed me again and pulled my hair roughly.

"I can't do this," I mumbled between her kisses. "I'm in the good books with boss. He will kill me if he knows I'm sleeping with you."

"Then keep quiet." She said, smiling against my lips.

"You are so bad." I kissed her and carried her over to the sofa against the back wall. "I hope you stretched before you arrived." I dropped her on the couch and took off my white shirt.

"Slower." She smiled at me, lying on her side and raising her leg in the air. "Nice and slow this time big boy. I want to savour you and your big hard..."

There was a knock at my door, and we both froze. "Jake, can we talk for a minute?"

"Shit! That's Ebony." I whispered, horrified.

"The Ebony? Oh, I want to meet her." Ava smiled and sat up.

"Are you kidding me? She will kill me if she finds out I'm sleeping with you. Stay quiet."

"Jake?" Ebony knocked again.

"Yeah, just give me a second," I called in complete panic. "Where is my fucking shirt?" I whispered, looking around the room.