Chapter 12- Voices

They walked in and everyone gasped, looking at Ruby. They started whispering and looking at her so she squeezed Flora's hand tightly already thinking the worse.

"Shh, hey sweetie, it's ok. Listen." She said and Ruby listened.

"Wow, she looks incredible."

"I want one."

"Her hair's amazing."

"Forget her hair, look at her makeup."

Ruby almost smiled brightly but, she simply raised the corner of her lips keeping her compusure.

"Oh. My. God." Someone said and they looked forward to see Stella looking at Ruby's outfit with a huge smile. "You look absolutely gorgeous." She squealed and hugged the redhead who made an uncomfortable face. "I knew you had to be Bloom's sister and would wear an outfit that's absolutely fabulous."

"Thank you, Stella." Ruby sent a 'help me' look to no one in especific but, Musa got the message and pulled Stella away from her.

"Ok, princess I think you're choking her." She said and they all laughed. All except for Ruby who was now relaxing her shoulders.

"Hey, Flora." Bloom said gaining the Flower Fairy's attention. "You've never told me what you did to the egg."

"What egg?" Ruby wondered.

"Simple, while you were getting dressed I did a little magic switcheroo with the egg and the ring, which now lies in a safe place." Flora answered with an innocent smile.

"Exactly." Stella said.

"I'd love to see Icy's face when she opens the shell and a swarm of beautiful butterflies comes out instead of that ring she's so desperatly trying to get her paws on." Bloom said.

"Well, that's not quite what's gonna go." Flora said innocently.

"Still it'll be funny." Stella said laughing.

Suddenly a guy, with a confident and arrogant smirk, approached Ruby with an egg in his hand. She looked at him up and down. Twice.

"Hello, my name is Sam. I'm a magician." He presented himself bowing to Ruby and kissing her hand. She just stood there not exactly knowing what to do. "I would like to give you this gift." He said. Ruby took the egg. with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh, thank you."

Behind her the girls, except for Bloom, were all excited looking at them. 

Ruby opened the egg and a bunch of magical bright butterflies came out of it. It was truly beautiful. Inside the egg there was something else. A necklace.

"Uh, yeah, it's nice, I guess

"Uh, yeah, it's nice, I guess." Ruby said taking the necklace out of the egg.

I hate it but, Bloom will kill me if I tell him that.