Chapter 17- Alone

"Where are you going, Ruby?" Stella asked when she saw Ruby heading towards the door of the apartment.

Every girl looked at her curious, except for Bloom, who knew where she was going.

"Oh, well I have to go do something. Don't worry."

She opened the door and got out of the apartment ignoring Flora who called for her wanting a bigger explanation.

Ruby walked through the halls of Alfea with her head down, refusing to know who was whispering about her that time. Her thoughts wondered back to the Trix. Lately, they seemed to be the only thing she thought about. She was so scared and she didn't know what to do anymore.

Why did I accept it, why, why, why? Can't I just bail? Fuck no they'll think I'm scared. Well, I am scared but, I will not give them the satisfaction of knowing it.

Ruby sighed while stopping at Professor Palladium's classroom door. She looked around and luckily for her, there was no one in the hallway. She took the key out of her backpack and placed it inside the lock of the door.

"Gardenia, Earth." She said out loud before turning the key once.

There was an unlocking sound and then there was light coming out of the room. Ruby turned the doorknob and opened it reveiling a yellow, shining portal behind it. She stepped forward, entering the portal and the door closed behind her, on its own. Ruby was shocked when she saw her room but, not the room in her own house. A room in an abonded house she had found years ago and that became her escape from the world.

She looked around with a smile in her face and tears in her eyes. She hadn't come back to that place in months. She flicked a switch in the wall and she smiled brighter when the purple led lights still worked. She dropped her bag in the bed and looked around the room, remembering every single detail.

 She dropped her bag in the bed and looked around the room, remembering every single detail

"Gosh, we really loved 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' movie."

Suddenly her smile turned into sobs. She rested her elbows on her knees and buried her head in her hands while sobbing. Before she got any ideas of getting her knife out of her pocket, Ruby stood up and ran out of the room and house, taking with her a skate that had been a gift.

While riding she saw many familiar faces, none of them happy to see her.

"We were fine without you here, freak." Someone yelled at her.

"Yeah, go back to your coven, witch." Another person said and his friends laughed.

Luckily for Ruby, she was way too fast for them to see the tears falling down her cheeks.

She stooped in front of a building, took a deep breath and entered it, walking through the hallways, until she found the door she was looking for. The little light next to it was red meaning that the doctor was busy so, Ruby sat down in an arm chair in the little room and took out her phone, opening Instagram just to stalk some actresses she liked, since she had no friends on Earth.