Chapter 41- Early date

Ruby woke up the next day with an annoyed groan. She forgot to turn off her alarm for school, again, and now she was awake at 6am on vacations.

Just great. This started amazingly well.

She got up from the bed with a huff and went to have a shower and get dressed in her usual outfit. As soon as she got out of her bedroom her sister got out of hers as well. Bloom stared at her sister and opened her mouth to ask something but, she stopped herself, not knowing what to say. Ruby sent her a bored look and went away downstairs to the kitchen.

Her mother was cooking breakfast while her father read the journal sitting down at the kitchen island. When the girl sat down next to her father and began scrolling through her phone, her parents shared a look and an awkward energy surrounded them all. The odd tension only increased when Bloom also entered the kitchen looking at her sister sadly before sitting down next to her, sparring ocasional glances to the youngest redhead while this one didn't even acknowledge her presence.

Their mother placed the plates with eggs and bacon in front of each one of them to which Ruby put her phone down and started eating in silence. Vanessa cleared her throat to try to end the awkwardness.

"Well, you woke up soon, Ruby." The dark haired woman commented.

"I've been waking up this soon every day." The short redhead answered.

"The whole week?" Mike asked surprised. "Ruby, you're on vacations."

"Yeah well, I forgot to turn off my alarm."

"But, it's been six days." Bloom commented and gulped when Ruby's jaw clenched visibly at the sound of her voice.

"Well, when I pick it up to turn the alarm off, I get distracted by something else and I forget what I was doing." Ruby answered harshly taking another bite on her eggs.

"Well, I'm glad you're finally out of your room." Vanessa said once she noticed Bloom's hurt expression at her sister's agressiveness towards her.

"Yeah, I mean. After a few days locked there it becomes boring." Ruby answered standing up to take her now empty plate to the dishwahser.

"So, what are you doing today?" Bloom asked shyly. "Mom and I could use some help at the shop after the troubles we've been having."

Ruby looked behind her at her mother with furrowed eyebrows.

"What troubles.

"Oh, it's nothing dear but, there's these two men that have been trying to ruin my business because I refused to sell the shop to them. Apparently they wanted to turn it into a supermarket without me knowing." Vanessa explained which angered Ruby.

"What?" She answered angrily looking at her sister after. "How did you know?"

"I found it out with a new power I possess. I can see people's true intentions and feelings." Bloom explained. "But it only works here on Earth."

Ruby nodded understanding and putting down the plate in the dishwasher.

"Fine, I'll help at the store and I'll try to keep those guys away from you, mom."

"Oh, thank you, Ruby." Vanessa said with a smile and went to hug her daughter. Ruby smiled softly squeezing her mother before letting go. "Well, let's go."

Ruby grabbed her backpack and went out of the house with her sister and mother, the three females walking towards the small car at the sidewalk infront of their house gate. They entered and Vanessa drove towards her little flower shop a few miles away from their house. Bloom sat down in the passenger's seat while Ruby went to the back seat behind her mother with her headphones on.