Trust

(Sophia's POV)

I opened another suitcase that had clothing in it. It took me a few moments, but I found the right outfit. I pulled out my black leather jacket, ripped skinny jeans, a red tube top that stopped right above my belly button, and a pair of black boots.

Once I had everything picked out, I slipped the jeans on first, then the shirt and jacket. I was about to put on my shoes as Kane walked in. With my back turned towards him, I bent over to slip on my boots, but turned around when I heard him whistle. I saw him leaning up against the wall, with only a towel around his waist.

"You look just as decent from the back as you do in the front," He said as he walked over to me.

I smacked his arm playfully while rolling my eyes.

"Well, you should be getting ready instead of staring at me," I said.

"Oh really?" He asked. "What's the rush?"

"My stomach feels like it's about to eat itself," I said before he kissed me.

I gently pushed him away.

"I'm serious Kane," I said.

He sighed as he walked past me.

"Don't act like that," I said.

"I don't know what you are talking about," He said as he swung the closet doors open.

They broke off their hinges.

"Kane! You're acting like an ass!" I yelled.

"No, you're being a bitch!" He said as he threw his towel on the bed.

"Sure, find a way to make it my fault," I said as I crossed my arms.

He came out of the closet in jeans and a black button-up shirt.

"How isn't it your fault?" He asked as he glared at me.

"All because I didn't want to kiss you?" I asked angrily.

"Yes, because you had no problem putting your mouth on every other guy in this clan," he said.

I squealed and turned away.

"I can't believe this," I said as I shook my head. "I can't believe you would even say that."

"How can't you?" He asked.

I turned around to look at him.

"I can't help it you never found your mate," I said truthfully. "I never found mine either."

"What does that have to do with anything?" He asked while he scoffed.

"The night before my father died, he slapped me for hooking up with you," I said. "He saw us that night."

"So what?" He asked while putting on his shoes.

"He warned me about this!" I said loudly. "He said I wasn't meant for royalty because you're all the same. Stuck up and selfish."

"Oh yeah? Is that so?" Kane asked as he stood up.

"He also said my mate wasn't even a vampire, at least not born as one, anyway," I said as I turned away from him. "But you already knew that didn't you?"

"So what if I did?" He asked as he stepped closer to me.

"That's why you refused to let anyone else turn humans and any other creatures into vampires," I said cautiously. "You want to keep me for yourself."

His silence scared me. He might hurt me, but I knew he wasn't capable of killing me. Without me, he was alone in this big world. He needed me. So I pushed all of his buttons when it was necessary.