My Blood

(Rain's POV)

I looked at her questioningly. She was submerged under water. At first, she looked so peaceful while she was sleeping. I felt awful for having to wake her, but Alex had asked me to fetch her for dinner. Just as I leaned in to help her out, her eyes shot open and she screamed under water. She startled me. Causing me to stumble backwards. Once I regained my balance, I pulled her out of the tub.

She sits up while coughing up water, and rubs her eyes. After she is able to see and breathe, she notices that her pale naked body is exposed. I offer her a towel, and she looks up at me. She quickly grabs the towel from my hand, and frantically tries to cover her body. I let a slight giggle slip from my lips, but stop when she looks up at me. She stands up before continuing to dry herself off.

“Hi, my name is Rain,” I said, trying to break the silence.

“Anna.” She simply says.

She walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. After pulling the plug to drain the water in the tub, I followed behind her. She is standing in front of the bed, with the towel still wrapped around her. I had set out her dress and shoes before entering the bathroom. She picked it up and looked at it, before placing it back on the bed.

It was actually quite a stunning dress. It’s a Victorian dress, with an elongated V-shaped bodice, and a full skirt with the sides of the bodice stopping at the natural waistline. The sleeves were tight at the top, but wider from the elbow to the wrist.

The color is a deep, rich blue with some layers being a lighter blue, and the edges are outlined with golden lace. On the built-in corset of the dress is a detailed pattern stitched in golden thread. It will certainly complement her eyes.

I watched as she wandered around the room, picking up boxes and opening them one by one. Each box was full of different items. The first box she opened contained bras, undies, socks, pantyhose, and corsets. She picked out a matching bra and underwear set. They were baby blue colored.

Occasionally, she would look over at me, while she was dressing herself. I looked away, trying to keep myself busy. I opened the last few boxes. Inside one box are several smaller boxes full of different pieces of jewelry. I found an elegant necklace with tiny white diamonds along the chain, and a big blue sapphire in the shape of a tear in the center. I paired it with matching white diamond earrings and bracelets.

“You should wear these,” I say while standing up.

She has the dress on, but is struggling with the corset and buttons. I laughed quietly to myself, before helping her with the dress. She turns around, and I gently push her up against the dresser.

“So, how did you get mixed up in this place?” She asked me while gripping the edge of the dresser.

I was surprised, but continued to pull on the strings of the corset. I could hear a gasp escape her lips.

“I was captured quite some time ago. I guess I kind of lost track of time,” I said, while pulling harder.

“How did that happen?” she asked curiously.

“I was with my friend when they attacked. They killed him, and decided to keep me. Why me? I have no idea,” I said with a sigh.

“How long have you been here?” she asked before holding her breath.
I continued to lace the corset to fit her body perfectly. The person who had previously worn the dress had a slightly larger build.

“What year is it?” I asked.

“It’s the year twenty sixteen,” she said while releasing her breath.

Eight years have flown by. Where did the time go? Though it hadn’t been that long, it still felt like an eternity. My family probably forgot about me, or thought I was dead. Especially if they had found my friend the way the clan’s guards left him to die.