My Secrets

(Anna’s POV)

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. Alex was kneeling at my bedside. He was watching me. How long had he been standing there? How long had I been asleep?

All of a sudden, my memory set in. I touched my neck, but nothing was there. Then I looked down to realize I was naked, only covered by a towel. I quickly sat up in the bed, clutching the towel close to my body, making sure to cover specific areas.

“Where are my clothes?” I asked angrily.

He smiles at me, before picking up a box from the center of the room, and carrying it over to me.

“Open it,” he said eagerly.

He placed the box on the bed in front of me. I hesitantly opened it. Inside the box was a white tank top, ripped skinny jeans, and a few other clothing items. Underneath those are a matching bra and underwear set. I quickly put the clothes on, before turning my attention back to him.

“You look beautiful, Anna. Go ahead and look in the mirror,” He said, as he pointed to the mirror.

I quickly ran over to it, and gasped. My appearance is now completely different. It’s almost as if the girl looking back at me was someone else. As if it wasn’t even me standing in the reflection. I touched my hand to the mirror, and my reflection copied me. It was me. The new me. He had done the one thing I asked him not to do.

My hair was now blonde, and my skin was white as snow. As for my breasts, they looked as if they had grown two sizes. Which wasn’t necessarily a blessing, seeing as how they were already a decent size to begin with.

My once thin peach colored lips are now a rose red color and slightly larger. Then I finally looked at my eyes. They were light blue in color, with streaks of green and gold running through them. As I thought of Alex and what he had done to me, they turned fiery red.

“Look at what you’ve done to me!” I yelled.

I ran towards him and pushed him against the wall.

“Damn, you got strong,” He began to say as he grabbed my arms.

“Why?” I asked angrily.

“I did what I had to do,” he said while trying to pull my arms away.

“What am I?” I asked.

“You’re a vampire, well a changeling. You possess the ability to transform back and forth between vampire and human. It is very rare,” He said with a half smile.

It was as If he was proud of what he had done, but it only angered me even more. He was still stronger than me. I struggled at first, but managed to get my hand around his throat.

“You know, I was taking it easy on you when you were human, but now we are equal,” he said before flipping us around. “So, I can use my full strength on you now.”

My back and head hit the wall with a loud thud. We were face to face, with our noses touching, and our lips only inches apart. He made me hate him, but also want him, all at the same time.

“I hate you!” I yelled before I looked away from him.

He shook his head as he smiled at me.

“No you don’t,” he said.

He gently pulled my chin towards him, until our eyes met again. It’s almost as if he could read my mind, kind of like the way Alice used to. I stare into his eyes, and he leans in to kiss me. At first I didn’t want to kiss him back, but he was such a great kisser.

I caved in and wrapped my arms around his neck. He pressed his body up against mine, pushing me even tighter against the wall. It made me feel weak in the knees.

“I want you, but I shouldn’t. I could hurt you,” He said, as he tried to stop kissing me.

I couldn’t tell if it was the vampire side of me, or if I was actually starting to feel some type of way towards him. The way I feel about him now is different. I’m more drawn to him, I want him. Something inside me has changed. I’ve changed.

“I’m a vampire now. I think I can handle it,” I said with a smile.

He smiled back at me, before kissing me again. I could feel his strong arms lifting me up. We slowly made our way over to the bed, where we found ourselves intertwined between the sheets. It was intense and passionate at the same time. I almost didn’t want it to stop.

After we both finished, he stayed on the bed next to me, with my head on his chest. I listened to the slow beat of his heart, wondering if mine sounded the same. There was so much I didn’t know.

I felt like I was in Alice’s shoes. I never understood why she was so adamant about finding out the truth. Now I do.
My mind raced with so many thoughts. I had just lost my virginity, and became a vampire all in a day. I’m now impure. A sinner. I’m part of the living dead.

I never thought I’d say this, but I like it this way. Maybe Alice would too, now that she isn’t the only one who’s not normal. In a way, I guess I should thank him. I looked up at him, but he was asleep.

I kissed his cheek, before crawling out of the bed. Instead of heading for the door, I quietly walked over to the dresser with the mirror. I used the antique brush sitting on the dresser to brush through my messy hair.

While brushing my hair, I could see Alex lying on the bed in the mirror’s reflection. I couldn’t help but think that he looked even more handsome when he was asleep. As I recall some of the things that happened earlier, I take a deep breath.

I know he is my kidnapper, but I don’t regret any of this, other than the circumstances of our situation. If only we had met before all of this. Though if he is telling the truth about being a prisoner inside of here, just as I am, then that couldn’t have ever happened. When I look into his eyes, I see his pain and guilt. I want to believe that he is being honest, but how do I trust someone that I barely know?

I’ve never been so drawn to anyone, but there is something about him. Something that just takes my breath away and makes my heart race. I’m still mad that he turned me into a vampire, but I’m starting to like this version of me a lot more.

All I could think of was waiting until Alice saw me. I can only imagine how she will react. Suddenly I felt a rush of pain in my heart. I was missing my best friend. The one I could tell anything to. Now who will I tell my secrets to?

I let out a sigh, before lying down on the bed next to Alex. With my head on his slowly rising and falling chest, my eyes soon became heavy. I could feel myself drifting off into a deep sleep. Hopefully this time I will have a pleasant dream, rather than a nightmare.