Chapter 13: A Good Reason

Legolas POV

“Are you good with a bow?” I ask Adanessa.

“Somewhat, why?” She reply, frowning. She seems nervous.

“Here. Stay here.” I warned, thrusting my bow at her and then I dart into the darkness.

I slow down as I approach the doors. I look all around me at the ruins. I wonder what this place used to look like. If it ever actually had people who lived here.

I search every room until I come across two huge doors. I take a deep breath, preparing myself for what I might find. I push open the doors and barge into the room.

I see a young wizard with red robes sitting on a throne that has pieces of it broken and some missing. In front of him is Arwen, she is tied up to a chair. And when she sees me, her eyes go wide.

“Ah, Legolas Thranduilion. Out of all the people I was expecting to come through that door, you were not one of them." He says to me in a cold, harsh voice.

“How do you know my name?" I ask the wizard, Dûrion, cautiously.

“I know everyone who is important name's. So, of course I know who you are. Your father is Thranduil and he is the King of The Woodland-Realm in Mirkwood. Now, I know you are here for Arwen, but why do you have to offer me in exchange for Arwen's freedom?" He asks.

“I will take her place." I say to him confidently.

He starts laughing as I stand in front of him with a serious look on my face. Eventually he stops and looks at me with a pointed look.

“Oh, you're serious? Alright, then. Let me see... How about you give me a good reason why I should let you take her place, and if I think it's a good reason, then it shall happen as you say.

~~~~~~

I know, I know, it's 'Short'. But I have been so very busy and I really want to give you guys an update because I promised you I would. So, please forgive me! Also, ITS ME ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY ON WATTPAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I can't believe it and I can't believe how far I have come. Thank you to each and every one of you. I can not tell you how much you all mean to me!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 I love you all sooooooooooooooooooooooo very much and I just can't thank you all enough! ^~^ I hope to update soon!

                                                       ~Ellethwen <3