Chapter 21: He Does Not Remeber Me

Alassëa POV

"Adanessa? Adanessa, what is wrong?" I call out to my friend.

She was in the room with Legolas all night and I came to see how she was doing today. When I was just coming to the door, it burst open and Adanessa ran out of the room and down the hall.

I peer inside of the room to see Legolas sitting there with a confused expression on his face. As I walk over to him I ask, "What happened, Prince Legolas? Is everything all right?"

He looks even more confused and shrugs his shoulders. I give a sigh and leave to find Adanessa. I wonder what happened.

I first try her room, then the gardens, until I finally find her at the gate. I am not sure exactly what she is looking at. When I get closer, I then see Lord Elrond, Gandalf, and King Thranduil along with some of the guard.

Gandalf gets off his horse and Adanessa runs towards him and wraps her arms around him. King Thranduil looks at her, worriedly.

"What is wrong, Adanessa?" Gandalf asks her but she does not answer.

"Is Legolas alright?" King Thranduil questions.

Adanessa finally turns around to look at King Thranduil.

"He-- he."

"He what?" King Thranduil says, growing more concerned.

"He does not remember me." She whispers and turns back around to Gandalf. "What is wrong with him? Why does he not remember who I am?"

"Oh, my. He had a bad bump on his head. It must have been worse than I thought, because he lost his memories." Gandalf explains.

"Will he ever remember me?" Adanessa asks, her voice cracking.

"I do not know for sure. Lord Elrond, what to you think?"

Lord Elrond replies, "It is possible he could remember. You have to be willing to try and help him to remember. Tell him who he is and tell him some memories. He could remember within a matter of days or weeks. It might even take years to get him to remember."

Adanessa looks a bit relieved. I am relieved too, I hope we will be able to get his memories back soon.

"I am going to go see him. See if maybe he remembers me." King Thranduil tells them before walking inside.

I walk over to Adanessa and ask, "What do you want to do, Adanessa?"

"I am going to stay here and try to help Legolas get his memories back. And I will travel back to the Woodland-Realm with them when they go. You can either stay with me, or go wherever." She informs me.

"I will stay with you, I have no where else to go." I tell her and smile and she gives me a small smile back. "How about you get some rest and then we will go see Legolas in the morning?"

She gives me a nod, "Sounds good."

We need to get Legolas memories back. For both King Thranduil's and Adanessa's sake.

~~~~~~

Hope that you enjoyed this chapter! Do you think they are going to be able to get Legolas' memory back? Updates are every Friday! Love you all,

~Ellethwen