Chapter 4: Needed in Rivendell

Adanessa POV

I wake up to Alassëa calling my name, “Adanessa! Adanessa, you need to wake up. This is very important!"

I sit up, “Good morning to you too, mellon nin. (my friend) What is so important?"

“We are needed in Rivendell. Our messenger, Urúvion, brought us a message from Lord Elrond. He said he needs our presence as soon as possible. It seems to be really urgent." She answers me.

“Alright, we should leave immediately. Let's get everything we need and get going." I say to her. After we finnish packing we head off for Rivendell.

~skip walk to Rivendell~

We enter the gates of Rivendell and Lord Elrond is there to greet us. “Ah, Adanessa and Alassëa, I was hoping you would come. This means so much to me. You may go and get some rest the meeting will be held tomorrow."

“Thank you Lord Elrond." I say to him and Alassëa and I both bow to him. Then we head off to our rooms.

I did not get much sleep on our walk to Rivendell, so I am very tired. For a long time, all I did was lay there thinking how sad Lord Elrond looked. Something really bad must of happened.

I guess I somehow managed to doze off. Because, all of the sudden, I feel someone shaking me awake. I sit up right away and see Alassëa standing there.

“Yes?" I ask her, confused on why she would wake me up.

“You must have overslept. The meeting is starting in eight minutes." Alassëa states.

Oh my Gondor! I can't believe I slept for that long. I hop up and quickly pull on a pretty thin, white dress with gold outlining. And brush my hair. Then we head down to the meeting.

When we get there, we are the first ones to arrive, except for Lord Elrond. “Gi suilon (I greet you), Lord Elrond." I say and bow to him.

“Gi suilon, Adanessa and Alassëa. You may take a seat. As soon as everyone gets here, we will start." Lord Elrond says to us.

We take a seat and I watch as others come. Some of them I recognize. As in Gandalf the Wizard, Aragorn son of Arathorn, Haldir of Lothlórien, and, one that surprises me, Legolas of the Woodland-Realm.

To have all these people here it must be really important. I wonder what is going on. I don't think I have ever seen Lord Elrond look so sad before. Everyone must be here now because Lord Elrond stands up and begins his speech,

“I would like to thank you all for coming here on such short notice. You are probably wondering what is going on. Many years ago I was best friend with a Red Wizard named Morohtar. He was a great wizard and very kind. But he craved power. He thought the only way he could get power was by being evil. I kept trying to convince him he does not have to be evil, but one day while I was trying to convince he got very mad at me and tried to kill me. I ended up killing him. What I found out recently is that he had a son. His name is Dûrion, and he is looking for revenge on me because I killed his father." Lord Elrond paused for a second. Whatever he is about to say must be very hard for him. “For revenge he has taken my daughter, Arwen." I see a tear stream down his face as he looks at the ground.

I can't believe Arwen has been taken. She was very nice when I visited here all those years ago. Elrond looks back up at us and continues, “I would not have called you here if I could save her myself. But I need your help. Will some of you be willing to go out and search for her? I think he is hiding her in an old fortress called Dol Guldur."

I know what I have to do. I Stand up and walk over to Lord Elrond. I bow to him and say, “I will do everything I can to bring Arwen back alive."

“Thank you, Adanessa." He says, smiling at me.

Then Alassëa stands up and walks over. “I will also help to find her." She says as she too bows to him.

Gandalf then walks over and says, “I would also love to help, Arwen is a very sweet child I can not believe something like this has happened to her."

Aragorn comes over.  “If by my life or death I can save her, I will."

“I will help, too." Legolas says as he walks over.

“Thank you to you five who are willing to help, I am forever grateful." Lord Elrond says to us.

~~~~~~

Sorry that it is somewhat short. I had been writing this chapter and it was really long. But somehow I lost everything. I am now really sick and I have a bad headache so it is hard for me to think. I hope you have enjoyed this chapter. :)

                                                                     ~Ellethwen <3