Chapter 17: Preparing

Adanessa POV

King Thranduil is getting his army prepared for battle. Alassëa and I are going to be joining them. I will not be at peace until we rescue Legolas. My heart yearns to look into his eyes and hear his soothing voice. I miss him so much.

A guard comes up to us, "King Thranduil has informed us that we are to be leaving at dawn."

"Alright, thank you for letting us know." I say and he gives a slight bow and walks off.

"Are you all right, Adanessa?" Alassëa asks me.

"Hmm? Oh, no, not really."

"You really care about him, don't you?"

I think for a moment. Ever since the first time Legolas and I talked, I have felt a strong connection to him. There is just something about those gentle blue eyes and that amazing smile of his. I have never felt the way I feel around Legolas around anyone else before. Could it be because he is my Feanod?

"Yes," I answer her, "I really do care about him."

"Well then, let's go get some rest so we can rescue him tomorrow."

~the next day~

We are preparing to leave, I have a bag filled with water and lambas bread. Although, I do not think that I will be able to eat much. I did not get much sleep because of how much I was worrying about Legolas. Alassëa comes over and links her arm with mine.

"Ready to go?" She asks and I nod my head in response. I don't really feel like talking right now.

We exit through the doors of the Woodland-Realm on our horses with King Thranduil's army behind us. Kind Thranduil is in front of us, on his Elk. I pray to the Valar,

Please, let us make it in time to save him.

~~~~~~

Sorry that this is a short chapter, I really wanted to update something. I will have a much longer chapter up tomorrow! :) Love you all,

~Ellethwen <3