Chapter 11: The Fortress

This Chapter is dedicated to: dreamescape07!!!!!! :D This is the other chapter that she helped me with! ^~^ The Legolas POV is my own, but Adanessa POV is mostly hers, I just added to it. Thank you, mellon nin! <3

Legolas POV

I look at Elrohir comforting Adanessa, and I can't help but feel jealous. I wish I was holding her in my arms. That it was me telling her every thing's is going to be alright.

I wonder if she's my faenod. I would like to think so, but I know that it is most likely Elrohir that is her faenod. But in my heart I sincerely hope that it is me.

I know that we have to go to check out the fortress soon. Elrohir is probably better for her anyway. I then get an idea of how I can get Arwen out alive. I just hope that it will work.

Adanessa POV

Legolas and I are approaching the fortress, it is apparent by the sick darkness which has sunk into my skin. We decided to go take a look while everyone waited for us a safe distance away.

Legolas insisted on going in front, which is somewhat of a relief to me because I felt as if something was going to jump out at me. Suddenly, he stops. “What is it?” I ask urgently.

“We are here,” he says abruptly. “Hold on, I have a plan.”

“What is it?” I reply suspiciously.

“Just... stay with me.” Legolas says hesitantly, and we advance into the gloom, further into Dol Guldur.

We have reached the torn black gates, beyond them black and crumbling. I couldn't help it, I flash back to the night of the orc raid and gasp.

“Are you okay?” Legolas asks.

“I’m fine, sorry.” I murmur, taking care to not disturb anything.

“Are you good with a bow?” he asks suddenly.

“Somewhat, why?” I reply, frowning. He is so tense.

“Here. Stay here.” he warned, thrusting his bow at me and darting into the darkness.

~~~~~~

I hope that you guys have enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for not updating in a while. I hopefully will update again within the next couple weeks.

                                ~Ellethwen <3