Chapter 9: Telling a Secret

Adanessa POV

It seems that, too soon, Elrohir has to wake me up because we have to get going. I know that as every minute goes by, we are one moment closer to finding Arwen. That is if she is not already dead.

I should not be thinking like that, but most of the time since we left, all I have thought about is Arwen. What is happening to her? Is she alive? Is she hurt? What is Dûrion doing to her?

My thoughts then drift to Gandalf. It is weird calling him that because I normally call him by a different name, but I dare not say it. If I did I know I would most likely break down in tears.

My eyes are already watering up at the thought of it. I am trailing behind the group. Elrohir turns around and notices how sad I look. He then walks over to me.

“Everything alright?" He asks in a gentle tone.

I shake my head.

“Why are yo so sad?" He asks me.

“Arwen." I say, which is true.

“Ok, if you need to talk just let me know.

Gandalf walks over to us, oh no is all I can think. “We are taking a break." He tells us.

Elrohir and I sit with the group. “Ok, so we are  almost there we need a plan. I have an idea. We have two volunteers go to check it out. Then they'll come back and tell us what they find. Sound good?" Aragorn tells us. We all nod our heads. “So, who wants to volunteer?"

I promises Lord Elrond I would get Arwen back safely, so I raise my hand to go. “Ok, I am going with the first two people who raised their hand. So, Adanessa and Legolas, you will be going to check out Dol Guldur in a few minutes." Aragorn says.

“Adanessa, I want to talk to you." Gandalf says. I give a nervous gulp and follow him.

“What do you want Gandalf?" I say, somewhat impatiently.

“I want to know what happened." He says, I start to panic a little.

“No!" I half yell at him.

“Why?" He yells at me, everyone is probably listening to us now.

“Because… because…" I say, my eyes tearing up.

“Because what?" He yells at me and I wince.

“Because you will hate me if I do!" I shout while I start sobbing.

“Why would I hate you Adanessa?" He says a bit quieter. The memories resurface again as I remember the orcs killing my mother and sister.

“Because it's my fault they are dead! IT IS ALL MY FAULT!!!" I say and I start crying even harder. Blurring my vision.

Elrohir pulls me away. “Why does Gandalf care about what happened to your mother and sister?" He asks me.

Should I tell him? Yes, I trust him enough. “Be- because… because, Gandalf is my father." What I did not know, was every one else had heard me to.

~~~~~~

YAY! Another chapter!!!!! :) Hope you enjoyed it! ;) Also, my best friend, pingufish has started a book called: Fading Belief (Lord of the Rings Fanfic)

This is what it is about: Within hope, there is fading belief. Within joy, there is fading belief. Within peace, there is fading belief. And within life, there is fading belief. In the common tongue, Eriathwen's name means alone, and this is what she is. Being abandoned from birth is a sign that Eriathwen is dangerous. Although this is true, this young elf has not yet discovered her inner self's danger, but as her life begins to fade, Eriathwen starts to die. Just as she thinks her life is over, the danger inside her broken body awakens.

It is so far an amazing book!!! :) I think you guys would enjoy it and she would love some encouragement. It would mean a lot to her and also to me if you could go check out her book! Thank you to everyone who does!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

                                ~Ellethwen <3