Chapter 12: I Stand Alone

Adanessa POV

“Are you good with a bow?” he asks suddenly.

“Somewhat, why?” I reply, frowning. He is so tense.

“Here. Stay here.” he warned, thrusting his bow at me and darting into the darkness.

I stand there for a second, unsure of what to do. What is Legolas doing? He better not get himself killed. I would never be able to forgive myself. I hear a noise and jump.

“Legolas, is that you?" I say softly.

All of the sudden I see a figure dart from the shadows. It scares me and I'm not sure if I should fight or run until I realize who it is.

“Arwen, your alright." I say, as I embrace her in a hug.

She quickly hugs me back and pulls away. “Adanessa, we have to get out of here." She tells me frantically as she pulls on my arm.

“Where's Legolas?" I ask her.

“We have to get goi-"

“Arwen! Where is Legolas?" I ask again.

She gives a sigh and says, “He, traded places with me."

“Why would he do that?" I say, confused on why he got Arwen out by risking his own life.

“I do not know." She says as she looks at the ground.

I take a deep breath. I have no idea what to do. Legolas is now inside, but at least Arwen is now safe. I have to save him, but how? The sound of footsteps interrupts my thinking.

“Orcs." I say.

One comes out at us and I quickly shoot it using Legolas bow. Another one comes and I shoot that one too.

“Arwen, you have to get out of here." I say to her urgently.

“But-"

“No, Arwen. Go now, get the others. They are not to far." I say.

She reluctantly goes and I shoot yet another orc. All is quiet for a minute as I wait for something to happen. It's too quiet and I am starting to feel somewhat afraid.

That's when I hear them. Footsteps. Hundreds of footsteps. And they are coming my way. I watch as the orcs surround me. I stand there only having Legolas' bow and a few arrows. There is no way I am getting out of this alive. There is no one here to help me. I stand here, with no one by my side.

I Stand Alone.

~~~~~~

I really hope that you really like this chapter. Sorry that it's short, but you guys REALLY wanted an update. The next update will be on June 22nd. And I should be able to update this book A LOT this summer, hopefully. I love you all so much and happy early birthday to: realwaffles123!!! :D

                                                               ~Ellethwen <3