Chapter 26: Never Have To Stand Alone

Adanessa POV

"I remember." Legolas tells me.

I smile and hug him close to me. Tears of happiness are running down my face. When I pull back, I kiss him again. I am so happy! Legolas remembers! He puts his hands on my face and wipes away the tears.

I grab his hand and say, "Come on, we need to go let your father know!"

"Wait. Can we please just stay here for a few more minutes?" He asks.

"Sure." I tell him and we sit next to each other next to the water.

I rest my head on his shoulder and grab his hand. He intertwines our fingers. I close my eyes and smile. I could not be any happier. Legolas has his memories back and I have finally found my Faenod.

"Thank you." I hear Legolas say beside me.

I look up at him and ask, "For what?"

"For not leaving me. For staying by my side even though I did not remember you. For not making me face this alone." He explains and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Of course, Legolas. There was no way I was going to ever leave you, and I promise that I will never leave you. I will always be by your side. You will never have to stand alone." I promise him.

"And I will always be by your side." He promises me back.

He leans in and we kiss again. When we pull back, I smile at him.

"Legolas."

"Yes, Adanessa?"

"I love you."

He smiles back at me and tells me,

"I love you, too."

~~~~~~

It's the end of the book! O.o I can't believe I am done, this is CRAZY! I don't know if I am ready for it to be done. But, don't worry I will be posting an epilogue next week on Friday! Love you all,

~Ellethwen <3