Chapter 16: The Throne Room

Adanessa POV

Alassëa and I bid our farewells to everyone and have traveled to Mirkwood. We are almost to the Woodland-Realm. I am very nervous because I have no idea how to tell King Thranduil about his son. I must say, I miss Legolas more than I thought.

I look up at the front gates of the Woodland-Realm. I take a deep breath.

"Here we go." I whisper to myself.

Alassëa and I walk up to one of the guards.

"Who are you and what do you want?" The guard asks us.

"We need to speak to King Thranduil about his son. It is an emergency. Please let us through." Alessëa tells him.

The two guards look at each other and nod. They open the doors for us and let us through.

"Thank you." I say to them.

We walk into the Woodland-Realm. Now, if I could only remember how to get to the Throne Room.

"I think we should go this way." I say to Alassëa, pointing to the left.

We walk down the halls. I am looking for anything familiar. I then see an Elleth carrying a basket of sheets and go up to her.

"Ecuse me, my Lady. Would you happen to know where the Throne Room is?" I ask her.

"Yes, I do. Continue down this hallway until you get to the end, then turn right. Its the first door on the left." She tells me.

"Thank you, you have been a big help." I say to her and walk back over to Alassëa. "I know where to go."

We follow the Elleth's directions until we are in front of the doors to the Throne Room. Alassëa looks over at me.

"You ready?" She asks me. I nod my head.

I step forward and open the door. We walk in and I see King Thranduil talking to a few of the guards. When he see's us, he has the guards leave. Once the guards are gone King Thranduil stands up.

"Adanessa and Alassëa. What is it that you are doing here?" He asks us. He remembers our names.

"We came to inform you on what has happened. You know how your son Legolas was sent to Rivendell to help Lord Elrond?" Alassëa says to him.

"Yes, I do. What is this about?"

"Lord Elrond's daughter was kidnapped and he needed help getting her back. A group of us: Gandalf, Aragorn, Elladan, Elrohir, Legolas, and I went to go rescue her. She was being held in Dol Guldur. When we got there, we had decided that two from our group would go check it out and report back what we saw. Those two people were Legolas and I. We were looking around when Legolas told me to stay put and he left to, I didn't know where. After a while, Arwen came out. But, there was no sign of Legolas. When I asked Arwen where he was, she told me that he traded places with her. That's when there were many Orcs surrounding us. I wanted to go back and save Legolas, I really did. But we were outnumbered. There was nothing we can do. I am so sorry King Thranduil, but Legolas is still in Dol Guldur." I tell him and put my head down.

"It is alright, Adanessa. We are going to get him back. I'll gather my army and we will go and rescue him. Thank you for coming all the way here to let me know of this. I only have one question. Do you know who has him?" King Thranduil says. I let out a sigh of relief, he is not mad at me.

"The person who has him is named Dûrion. He is a Red Wizard." I say and King Thranduil's eyes go wide.

"Dûrion has Legolas? We need to save him immediately." He says, concerned.

"You know who Dûrion is?" Alassëa asks.

"Yes, I do. When his father, Morohtar, turned evil. Lord Elrond and I joined armies. We went to try to get him to understand he does not need to be evil. Instead a war broke out. Lord Elrond ended up killing Morohtar. I killed his wife, Dûrion's mother."

No wonder Dûrion took Legolas and let Arwen go. King Thranduil killed him mother.

~~~~~~

Ooooh. Did I shock you guys at all with this chapter? Probably not. :) I hope that you guys liked this chapter! There will be more action in the next chapters than there was in this one. I love you guys!

~Ellethwen <3