Chapter 6: Meeting Elrohir

This chapter is dedicated to: dreamescape07!!! :) She has helped me with this chapter (and also another one that I will post in a later chapter) She had the general idea and wrote too. I just added to it. Thank you to: daughter_of_Sauron for also sending an idea (I might use it I am not sure yet)

Adanessa POV

~flashback to before they left Rivendell~

“Who else is coming, Lord Elrond?” I asked the still upset Lord Elrond.

“I do not know.” He muttered softly. “You should take some of my guard.”

I’ll get Prince Legolas to ask them.” I said consolingly. “You have all my wishes to Iluvatar that your daughter will soon be in good hands.”

“We can hope,” he agreed. “Sometimes that is all there is.”

~back to present time~

Legolas ended up bringing two of his best friends, Elladan and Elrohir. Although Elrond had initially objected to also putting his two sons into danger, agreed once Legolas and I had reassured him they were two of the best warriors in all of Arda.

As we walked out of the Hidden Valley of Imladris, I could not help but miss my best friend. She had agreed to stay behind for a time, and would join later. Also, having no other women on the quest was not overly welcoming to me.

“What are you thinking about, my Lady?” Came a voice, and as I looked around, I was met with Elrohir, one of the Twins. At least it might have been Elrohir.

“Nothing,” I replied, but a little bit sadly. “I had come there before and...there is always a sense of sadness upon leaving.”

“Yes, it is a beautiful place,” he agreed. “It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am Elrohir, son of Elrond.”

“It is very nice to meet you, Elrohir. My name is Adanessa." I say, bowing to him.

“It us nice to meet you too, My Lady." He says, bowing to me. I feel the heat rise to my cheeks, and hope he can't tell I am blushing.

“You may call me Adanessa." I say.

“Well, then it is lovely to meet you, Adanessa." He says while kissing my hand. “You have a very pretty name."

“Thank you." I thank him. I see Legolas give a weird look at me, but I shrug it off. “Another thing I was thinking about was my best friend, Alassëa. She is like a little sister to me and I don't want her getting hurt. It took a while for me to convince her to stay. She will be joining us, along with some guards. If we don't come back after a long time."

“Thank you for being honest with me, but why did you?" He asks.

“I feel I can trust you. I have had a hard time trusting people, but I feel comfortable talking with you." I admit. I don't know why, but there is something about him that makes me feel safe.

“I hope you don't mind my asking, but why do you have a hard time trusting people?" He says with concern.

“That is a story fir another time. I do not feel comfortable discussing it here." I say, looking around.

“It is ok, I understand." Elrohir says.

Elladan calls Elrohir over, so I am left to my thoughts again. I think back to something my Naneth (Mom) had told me.

~her memory of her mom~

“Adanessa, come here. I want to talk to you about something." My Naneth calls me.

“Coming Naneth." I say as I come to where my Naneth is sitting. “What do you want to talk to me about?"

“I feel like it's time to tell you how to find your other half." My Naneth says.

I give her a confused look and say, “Other half?"

“The one that you will love and bond with." I nod my head in understanding. “They are called your Faenod."

~~~~~~

I finally updated, YAY!!!!!! Thank you again to dreamescape07 for helping me with my horrible case of writers block! :) I am very grateful!!! <3

                   ~Ellethwen <3