Chapter 2: A Familiar Face

Adanessa POV

I wake up to a familiar face. “Legolas?" I asked very confused.

He jumps up and looks at me. “Adanessa! Your awake!"

I look around and notice where I am, The Woodland-Realm. Why am I here? I try to sit up, but then I feel a sharp pain in my shoulder. I forgot, I got shot with an arrow.

“How did I get here?" I ask, I am very confused at why I am here.

“Your friend, Alassëa, brought you here. She made it just in time. Any longer and you would have died." He answers.

“Where is Alassëa?" I wonder why she is not here.

“She said she had to go somewhere. She will be back in four days."

“Thanks, Legolas." I said, then I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

~~~ (Her dream is a flashback of something that happened when she lived in the Woodland-Realm)

I woke up to my little sister, Buieruwen, crying. I went to her room and sat next to her on her bed. “Why are you crying, Buieruwen?"

“My friend said I was a horrible person. Because I would not let her hold the bow you gave me. But I only would not let her because mom said so." She says in a whisper. I can tell she thinks what her friend told her is true.

“It's ok, what she said is not true. You were just trying to do the right thing. You are an amazing person, Buieruwen! I love you so much."

“I love you too, Adanessa!" She says and gives me a hug and I hug her back. And close my eyes.

But when I open them, I am not in her room any more. I am in a cage. I hear people yelling things at me. At first I can't tell what they're saying. But when I do finally I wish I didn't. They are saying:

“It's all your fault."

“They are dead because of you."

“If you would of let them kill you, your Naneth (mom) and sister might still be alive."

“Your ada (dad) will never love you again because of what you have done."

~~~

I wake up with a jolt and I can not help but cry, because I know what they said are true. I hear someone coming so I wipe away the tears. Legolas walks in.

“Good morning, Adanessa. How do you feel?" I notice my shoulder does not hurt anymore.

“A lot better." I answer. I must have been asleep for a few days.

“Good, is it ok that I ask you a question?" He asks. I nod my head. “Are you the same Adanessa I met all those years ago?" I nod my head again. “Then why do you look so different? Because when I met you, you had blond hair blue eyes and freckles. Now you have brown hair, green eyes, and no freckles."

“I... I... I can't." I tell him, then I start to cry again.

“Oh, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to-" Legolas starts to say when the door flings open. I look over to stare into the eyes of my best friend.

“Alassëa?" I say through my sobs. I get up and run to her, and we embrace in a big hug.

“Adanessa, I am so glad to see you are doing alright. Prince Legolas, what did you do to make her cry?" She asks still holding on to me.

He goes to say something but I speak first, “It's not his fault. I just have had to many bad memories over the past few days."

“Alright. Oh, and I brought you something." She hands me something.

“My locket! Thank you so much, Alassëa." I thank her. Alassëa brought me my locket, it has a picture of my Ada and Naneth on one side and the other is a picture of me and my little sister, Buieruwen. Alassëa and I talk for a few hours.

“You should get some more rest. We will be heading back home in three days." Alassëa tells me.

“Ok." I said, laying down and slowly drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I am sorry to say, but school is starting for me on Tuesday. I will update one or two chapters from each of my books every Friday. But I am not making any Promises. I hope you all have had a wonderful summer. :)

                                                     ~Ellethwen <3