Chapter 8: Telling My Story

Adanessa POV

We decide to rest for the night it is my turn to keep watch. But someone else decides to help keep watch too. It is Gandalf. When every one falls asleep he walks over and sits next me.

“Long time, no see, Adanessa." He says.

I look down at the ground not wanting to look in his eyes. “Hello, Gandalf." I say to him.

“I wasn't sure if you were alive or not." He tells me.

“Please I don't feel like talking about it." I say, my voice cracking. I feel the tears starting to form in my eyes, but I dare not let them fall.

“Ok Adanessa. Let me know when you are ready you tell me what happened" He says and then walks back over to his spot and sits down. Eventually he drifts of to sleep.

When he does, I let the tears fall sown my face. All of the sudden, Elrohir wakes up with a start. “What's wrong?" I ask him.

“Just a nightmare." He says. He then notices I am crying and walks over and puts an arm around me.

“Why are you crying Adanessa?" He asks me.

“I am ready to tell you the story now." I says.

“Are you sure?" He says to make sure I really want to.

“Yes, like I said before, I feel I can trust you." I say.

“Alright, go ahead." He encourages me.

I give a small sigh and begin my story of what happened to me,

~flashback of what happened to Adanessa~

I was walking through the woods when all of the sudden I hear hundreds of footsteps. I turn around to see orcs. I go for my weapons, but don't feel anything. Then I remember, I left them at home.

I only have one option: I have to run. But, instead of  running farther into the woods, I run to my home. I am faster than the orcs, but they are still not to far behind me.

I run into my house and I am breathing very heavily. “What's wrong Adanessa?" She asks very concerned.

But before I can say anything, she is shot through the heart with a black arrow. She falls to the floor dead. “NANETH!" I scream. Then I remember, “Buieruwen."

I race to her room, I have to get her out of here. “ADANESSA! HELP! HELP ME PLEASE, ADANESSA!!!" Buieruwen screams and cries.

When I get to her room I watch as an orc stabs a blade through her heart. “NOOO!" I yell.

I run out and into the woods running farther and farther not looking back. And I know in my heart that this is my fault and I will never see their faces ever again. I will never hear my mom's comforting words when people make fun of me. Or my sister laugh when I tickle her. 

What have I done?

~flashback is over~

“And all I thought to myself is, 'what have I done?'" I feel the tears form in my eyes and don't hesitate to let them fall down my face. “It is all my fault they are dead." I say to Elrohir.

“No it is not your fault. You were panicking and did not know what to do. I am so very sorry for your loses." He says sadly.

“Thank you, Elrohir." I thank him.

“You should get some sleep. I will take over for you." He says.

“Again, thank you Elrohir." I say. He gives me a hug.

I then lay down and close my eyes. Felling better that I have now told someone about what happened. All of the sudden I feel someone stroking my hair. I open my eyes to see Elrohir. Then close them again and drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~

Hope you like the chapter! :)

                                     ~ Ellethwen <3