Chapter 23: The Stars

Adanessa POV

It has been a whole week since Legolas lost his memory. He has not remembered anything yet. I am trying to stay strong, but it is so hard. And Legolas is pushing himself way to hard to try and remember everything.

We are leaving tomorrow to go back to the Woodland-Realm. King Thranduil and I are both hoping that maybe being in the place that he grew up in would help him.

I am going to say goodbye to my Ada (Father). He has somewhere else he needs to be but he promised to come visit me at the Woodland-Realm soon. I am going to miss him a lot. Especially since we were just starting to reconnect.

I knock on the door of Lord Elrond's study.

"You may enter." I hear Lord Elrond say through the door.

I slowly open the door and enter the room.

"I hope that I am not interrupting."

"Ah, Adanessa. You are not interrupting anything. I will let you say farewell to Mithradir." Lord Elrond tells me and gives me a small bow. I bow back and he leaves the room.

"I am going to miss you so much." I say to him, my voice cracking. I wrap my arms around him.

"Do not worry, my daughter. You will see me again soon. I will come to visit you at the Woodland-Realm." He tells me, hugging me back.

When we let go, he kisses the top of my head and says, "Farewell."

"Farewell, Ada." I say back and he leaves the room.

I give a sigh and head to the gate. I make it there just in time to see Ada leaving on his horse. It is starting to get late and I am tired. Best that I get some rest before we leave tomorrow. It takes me a while to fall asleep when I get back to my room. I have been this way all week. But, eventually, I drift off to sleep.

~~~

We are getting ready to leave for the Woodland-Realm. I say goodbye to Mri, Elladan, Elrohir, Arwen, and Lord Elrond. I promise them that I will come back to visit them. I mount my horse, Alassëa mounts her horse. And we take off. Alassëa and I ride next to each other with Legolas and King Thranduil in front of us.

The trip is quiet and soon it is time to make camp for the night. I lay down and look at the stars shining above. I see Legolas out of the corner of my eye come over and lay next to me.

"It is beautiful, is it not? The light of the stars?" He says to me.

"Yes, it is quite beautiful." I agree with him.

"Do you think I will ever get my memory back?" He asks me.

I give a sigh and tell him, "I would like to think so. But, I know nothing for certain."

"I am going to keep trying my hardest to remember."

"Do not try to hard. I do really want you to get your memories back, but I do not want you pushing yourself too hard."

"Well, I know I will not remember anyone when we get to...where are we going again?" He asks.

"The Woodland-Realm." I tell him.

"Right, The Woodland-Realm. Anyways, since I know I will not remember anyone, do you think you can stay by my side? You are the only person I really trust and I do not want to have to face this alone." He admits.

I look over at him and smile. "Of course I will stay by your side, Legolas. I am here for you, always."

~~~~~~

Hope you all liked this chapter. I am sad to say that this book is going to come to an end soon. There will be 3 more chapters. Updates are every Friday! Love you all,

~Ellethwen <3