Chapter 20: Who Are You?

Adanessa POV

Alassëa and I are outside of a door, waiting for any news on Legolas' condition. Alassëa is standing up against the wall, but I can't stop pacing. I have finally stopped crying, but a tear will fall every once in a while.

He must be alive if they are taking so long, right? He has to be alive, he just has to. I do not know what I would do if Legolas did not make it. I still believe that this is my fault. The door opens and I run up to the Ellon.

"Is he all right?!" I question.

"Yes. He has been beaten pretty badly and has a concussion, it will take a while for him to heal. But, he is not awake yet." He tells us.

I let out a breath I did not know I was holding. Legolas is all right.

"May I see him?" I ask, he nods his head.

I slowly open the door and enter. Alassëa stays out in the hall. I grab a chair and pull it up next to the bed that Legolas is sleeping peacefully on. As I sit down, I gently grab his hand.

"I am so relieved that you are alive, Legolas. I was so worried that-- that you weren't going to make it." I admit to him although I do not think he can hear me.

I just stare at him for a while, I feel such a strong connection to him from holding his hand. It is a good feeling. He has bandages covering is arms and one around his head where the concussion is.

I start to sing softly to him in Elvish, hoping that he will wake up.

"Ngîl cennin eriel vi. Menel aduial, Glingant sui vîr Síliel mae. Ngîl cennin firiel vi. Menel aduial, Dúr, dúr i fuin. Naenol mae. An i ú nathant. An i naun ului. A chuil, anann cuiannen. A meleth, perónen. (I saw a star rise high in the evening sky, it hung like a jewel, softly shining. I saw a star fade in the evening sky, the dark was too deep and so light died, softly pining. For what might have been, for what never was. For a life, long lived. For a love half given.)

~~~

I wake up with a start, forgetting where I was. I calm down as soon as I see Legolas. My hand is still holding is. I really hope that he wakes up soon. I need to see his beautiful blue eyes again and hear his sweet voice.

I start to stroke his hair with my free hand. With each stroke, I feel a spark run through my fingers and up my arm. His head moves slightly and I stop stroking him and carefully let go of his hand as I stand up.

"Legolas?" I call his name.

His eyes flutter open and I see a sense of alarm in them.

"Legolas, it is all right. You are safe now." I tell him.

He stares at me with a very confused look on his face. He opens his mouth to speak, and what he asks me breaks my heart.

"Who are you?"

~~~~~~

Yay! Legolas is alive! But, he doesn't remember who Adanessa is... Updates are every Friday! Love you all! :)

~Ellethwen <3