Glory To Mankind - Chapter 2 (Rewritten)

Music Up Top: Requiem Der Mongenröte - New Horizons

Proteus being iconic for one panel:

Both Thor and Lü Bu will have their chapters here.

Finished on April 1st.

Should not have taken this long to publish-

- Onto the story -

(Y/n) silently made their way into a room, seeing Hermes pouring some tea into his cuppa. "Ah, welcome back." He spoke. "What's my assignment...?" (Y/n) questioned. "It was to invade an abandoned factory. The Gods were originally planning on using it to make weapons, but machines have taken it in place of creating more of their kind. I would like for you to stop that, as well as take care of the Goliath unit that is being developed." Hermes then gently pulled up a screen, showing it to (Y/n). "A Goliath..." They mumbled. (Y/n) then nodded. "Right.." They mumbled. Hermes smiled faintly. "Are you ready to take the Flight Unit?" He questioned. "... I'm ready enough." (Y/n) answered. "Good. Now follow me." The Android had done as ordered, following the God into another room. The pair had then saw a convertible. It had stood on its hindlegs, with its center completely opened to allow someone to control it from the inside. "You will receive Flight Unit Type B. Please do not damage it too much in battle. The Flight Units tend to be quite... pricy." (Y/n) blinked behind their blindfold. "... Why not create access points though?" They questioned. "Well, no one exactly goes there... And I'd need to have someone help in creating those access points. It'll take a while before I can actually get things down. But perhaps you could help?" Hermes smiled faintly. "I'd like for you to choose points that are accessible through the area, if possible." He spoke. "Affirmed." (Y/n) nodded. "And no need to worry. I'll be in full contact with you throughout your entire assignment. Well, that is at least unless a jammer is up." The Android nodded once again as Pod entered the top of the Flight Unit. (Y/n) then entered the center of the Flight unit. It had gently closed in on them, properly locking them into place before the machine had converted into a sort of space ship. Hermes watched as the Flight Unit rose up before turning. It had then flew out of the room, allowing for a smile to softly plague his face.

(To finally have it used in good hands... -Hermes)

He mentally teared up.

(.. Thank Chidaruma... -Hermes)

He then opened up a screen before contacting (Y/n).

-

With the Android, they had accepted said call. "So, how is it? Does it feel comfortable?" Hermes' voice questioned. "Somewhat..." (Y/n) answered. "I'll need to get used to it for a small while more." They spoke. "Multiple signals detected." Pod's voice spoke. "Ah, that would be the Units I had sent with you. They're unfinished, so they may not be as good as you are. But they've been alive for quite the while." (Y/n) hummed softly from Hermes' explanation. They then watched as other flight units lined up around them. "Anyhow, all units confirmed? No one missing?" Hermes questioned. "No Units missing, Operator." Another voice spoke. "Good. All of you are now proceeding to the target. You've all passed the 50 kilometer threshold. Once you reach the anti-air defenses, proceed to manual attack formation." A small screen was shared with (Y/n), allowing for them to see the info on the units around them. "After that, destroy the Goliath class unit by any means necessary."

Though, while the Android were in the middle of skimming through the info, (Y/n) had suddenly saw something. It was lining up by the unit beside them. 12H.

"12-"

The Android had cut themself off upon seeing the beam fire off, completely destroying the unit beside them.