Eye-Light in the Dark

AU: Nab's Villain Arc
(Sebaria Oneshot)

A whole month had come and gone.

One would only think it was yesterday that Nab, Mickey and Garry had gone off for World Domination.

31 solid days.

And no sign of them stopping.

True, they hadn't made much progress, if any. But the burden of their departure was heavier than if they did conquer all of Asia. Cherry seemed to be less and less optimistic by the week, Seb had mysteriously gone missing, and decapitated heads that looked like Garry's had started piling up. 

Aria? She often tried to cope through long walks down streets she used to go through with Seb. Sort of relive the good times that were there before all of this happened.

"Huh! I guess you do bleed ink- GOAH!!"

Aria snapped out of her reverie just in time to see a familiar monochromatic mouse get knocked into the street, and a green-purple clothed, body tossed next to it.
Mickey and Garry. Nab's subordinates in this whole villain arc of her's. Mickey had a massive gash in his front, and Garry had serious dents in his head.

"The hell...?"

Aria was about to question what just happened, only to be interrupted by the realization that there was some type of red light emerging from within the alleyway she saw the two get thrown from. What's more, it seemed to be getting closer, until it stepped to the light. It was an eye, with a red glow emerging from it, while the other was solid black.

Black hair with red streaks, though the red was darker.
Orange beanie, though there was a white "brim", white hoodie, though tattered,
Maroon pants,
Black hair with red streaks,
And black Supremes.

"Seb...?"
"..."

Seb grabbed at where his mouth should be, cut somewhere on it, and a proper mouth formed, though there were visible sharp teeth in the mouth.

"Is that... is that you?"

The light emerging from Seb's eye dimmed out a little, revealing a small amount of blushing.

"Yep, it's definitely you." Aria said, smiling.

She picked Seb up off the ground, and hugged him tightly.

"Where the hell have you been?"

Seb could tell she was being serious, no matter how lighthearted Aria sounded.

"Simps!" Garry called out at the two, only for a knife thrown from Seb's hand to suddenly decapitate him.
"Deserved." Aria said.
"Agreed."

A new, wojak-esque head formed where Garry lost his, and re-forms into the same bald head Seb and Aria knew and... kinda hated.

"Man, screw you two!"

Garry walks off, dragging Mickey by the tail.

"Sooo... walk 'n talk?" Seb offered.

Aria responded with a simple "Sure."
———
"...And that's why Nab hasn't achieved her goal." Seb was telling Aria about his antics.
"No way you've been pickpocketing her that many times. I can only imagine how annoyed she gets when that happens."
"Neither of us have any idea."
"Still, it seems like you're on our side, not her's."
"..."
"Right...?"
"That's the issue. I feel like I should... but at the same time, I can't. Im in this jam where I... I'm just... I'm stuck in the middle of a war where I can't join either side. Nab's like a sister to me. Villainous or not."
"Stuck in the middle...?"
"Yeah. The only thing keeping me going is hoping I can somehow... get Nab to abandon this World Domination Ambition, and the memories of before all this happened."
"And what if you can't convince her...?"
"I don't ever wanna go there."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"Y'know, you don't have to go alone just because you're not on either side. No one's gonna hate you for it. I mean, I don't." Aria eventually reassured Seb after a little.
"Fair. But I'm still not gonna show myself often."
"Isn't it gonna eat at you?"
"Doesn't matter if it does. There's worse at hand." Seb was very obviously adhering to what he was doing.
"I get that, but that doesn't mean you should isolate yourself and let your social health deteriorate."
"...That's fair." Seb eventually agreed. "But I don't feel... sure about reappearing after a month."
"Here's an idea: We could just meet up somewhere every now and then, and just hang out, eat something somewhere? For old times sake?"

Seb pondered the idea, momentarily going idle, before nodding. His usual smile was showing. Aria missed that in him. That humor-loving demeanor was something that she always loved about Seb.

"We could do that. And eventually, if- I mean, once this all ends, I'm sure I'll branch back out, and start hanging out with the rest of the group again."
"How's Friday night sound to you?"
"Hmmm... Perfect! See ya then!"

Seb turned invisible, but he wasn't gonna disappear off the face of the earth this time.

"See you then, Seb."

Even though Nab was still having a villain arc, even though Mickey and Garry were still out there, preparing an attack, even though this civil war of sorts raged on, Aria found something more definitely reassuring in all of this.

Her Eye-light in the dark.
The sun in her life lit up again.