🩸Fucking Agents (pt.9)🩸

(A/N, hear me out. There is smut lmao. However some of the chapter is important to the story/plot. So if you're not into it I'll still give you a little warning :) now have fun.

ALSO I KNOW HOW THE TITLE SOUNDS IT'S NOT LIKE THAT ISTG)

𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐧 Cleodare's lap, leaning against her fragile body, our fingers intertwined.

"I know why, Cleo," I said quietly, falling deeper into her embrace as she stroked my hair with her other hand. The tree branches swayed in response to my statement.

"Why what?" She hummed.

"Why I'm a horny, depressed mess all the time,"

I tried not to focus on my feelings too much. Instead, I focused on the water droplets on the pointy grass. How Cleo's black jeans were protecting me from the muddy forest floor. And how good her sage cologne smelled, the aroma floating in the air around us.

"Well you are horny. I'm ready to hear it, babydoll."
I second guessed myself, not sure if I should continue. But listening to Cleo's soft breathing right next to my ear calmed me, gave me the courage to go on.

I squeezed her hand, she gave mine a light squeeze back in reassurance.
"I'm still grieving," I sighed, "so I just.. push it down, and my stress of pushing it down..."

"I'm sorry." I sniffed the words out.

"Don't be, there's no reason for apologizing," She heartened, letting go of my hand to wrap her arms around my waist. I basked in her touch.

"H-how would you-"
She cut me off. "Don't be nervous."

"I-I'm not,"
"You ask a shit ton of questions when you're nervous." She said, her lips against my neck.

She knew me well.

"Maybe sometimes." I mumbled.
"Mm," she grunted, shaking her head lightly, "maybe all the time."

Branches cracked and the ground rumbled with incoming footsteps.

"Fuck." She murmured, hints of fear underlying in her voice.
"What? What is it?" I whispered, my head raised, looking for the cause of the sounds.

"It's those fucking agents again." Her response toned with aggression.
"W-we can leave..."

But there was no time. They had seen us, and were quickly making their way over.

Their bright flashlights shone on our faces as they approached us. I held Cleo's hand again, her arm twitched at the sudden grasp. I noticed she had already colored her skin.

"It's awful late, ladies," Agent Keys said, fake worry stroked in his voice.

It was the same three from last time, he had both Moore and Rodriguez at his sides.

"What are we doing out here so late?"

"Mind taking the silver test?" Agent Moore asked. Only it was more of a demand, a rhetorical question.

He slipped a piece of what looked like pure silver out of his pocket.

"Still haven't found anything?" Cleodare asked, trying to keep a scoff out of her voice.

"Oh we've found plenty, we won't be disclosing that, however." Agent Rodriguez said calmly. His voice was gentle, he didn't really seem fit for the job of investigating murders.

"But you think it's vampires? Silver tests?" She pried, a fake gasp left her mouth. "That's outrageous."

"How about we get back on track." Rodriguez sighed.
"I'm just a concerned citizen. You didn't even show us your badges anyway." She growled the last bit. Seething.