🩸Silver Knife (pt.13)🩸

(A/N: HAPPY PRIDE MONTH :) please stay safe! love you <3)

Things had been hectic. With Cleo recovering and still bedridden, I think it was fair to say I needed some time for myself.
The only thing was, if I took even one step away from her I felt like I was having a panic attack.

I cuddled up next to her and pulled out an old book I'd been meaning to finish. One of my favorite lesbian romances. It was a little ironic how I had started it right before I'd met Cleo.

Books made me feel so emotionally invested sometimes that they distracted me from everything else going on. It was beautiful.

I had picked up reading after Marionette's death, and couldn't stop the addiction afterwards. Anything could happen in a fantasy dimension.

My little sister didn't have to die in a fantasy dimension.

Cleo breathed softly against me as I leaned into her, quickly getting encapsulated from the story.

Harper was out preparing to kill my father. He was taking it all very seriously. Unlike Cleo, who had killed my mother in less than ten minutes after she'd met her.

When he barged in I jumped a bit, shocked from his entrance. I put down the book with a sigh and looked at him. Cleo stirred a bit with a small huff and I saw her eyes open.
I put an arm around her and she quickly drifted off again.

"Where is he?" Harper entered the room, rubbing rain water out of his eyes.

His hair was even darker from the rain. Black, thin, sopping wet strands covered his eyes. The water ran down his face and he stared at me blankly.

"At work, I told you that yesterday," I answered sternly. "What's in the bag?"

Harper's plastic bag from the grocery store, covered in rain drops. Both him and the grocery bag were dripping all over the carpet.

"Nothing interesting really, your fridge was bare so...I got you some things regarding that,"

"You're not being a total bitch today. What's wrong?" Cleo said dryly, staring into his eyes.

He glowered. "I've found a shocking discovery you might be interested in, Cleodare,"
She glared right back.

"Enlighten me." She seethed.

Harper grabbed a fully sheathed knife out from the pocket of his jacket. He held the handle tightly, and carefully took the cover off with his other pale hand. It shone beautifully in the dimly lit room, any rays of light bounced off the shiny surface.

Harper sighed, like he'd gone through hell to get it in his possession.

"That's fucking silver," Cleo whispered. When I glanced back over at her, a look of shock filled her pupils.
"Appears so," he replied softly.

"So what? It's a community effort to come kill us now? Did you find it at the local hardware store?" She let out an annoyed laugh.

He nodded with a small hum.

"How do you know?" I mumbled.
"How do we know it's for killing vamps?" Harper answered, "Humans don't just make knives out of silver. It's not durable. However... If you're trying to kill a vampire..."

Putting the cloth sheath back over it, he tossed it onto the bed. It landed right next to Cleo's shin. I quickly jumped back, leaning into her stomach, to which she lazily put an arm around me.

"You have to calm down with your knife throwing, some of us aren't immortal over here, you know." I muttered.

Cleo gave me a small squeeze, compressing me against her, before picking the knife up, taking the sheath off and inspecting it.
I didn't know what type of knife it was, but it was about nine inches long, the handle small.