🩸Sticky Sunsets (pt. 42)🩸

‼️TW: This chapter handles sensitive subjects, including mentions and descriptions of self harm‼️

"Hey, is that a new jacket?"

Cleo climbed into bed after taking off her pants.

"Yes." She answered.

"I'm so stealing that."

She rolled her eyes and shuffled across the bed to her side.

I grabbed her shoulders and pulled her in for a kiss. Then, took it a step further, rolling us over until she was below me. She softly whimpered into the kisses, as I just kept pushing my lips against hers, no end in sight.

"Marine," she breathed, a small teasing tone stroked her rasps.

"I'm sorry. Not tonight?" I asked quietly, pulling back.

"Not tonight," she answered.
I curled my body into her side.

She sighed, "Apologies, I'm just tired."
"No, don't apologize, it's fine, bubby. I'm sorry."

My libido had just been much higher lately.

I could feel her smile as she kissed the top of my head and gently rubbed my arm.

"This one doesn't smell like you yet." I said.
She snorted, "It's new."

"You better break it in,"

"So you can take it?"
"Yep."
"I'll get right on that."

A cry sounded from across the hall.

Cleo grunted, "That's my girl." She climbed over me and headed for Melanie's room.

At seven months, the baby had definitely been making more movement than Melanie had. It made both Cleo and I a little suspicious, but she made no claims yet, and neither did I. But we both knew the probability, the donor being full vampire, the baby's movements were more forceful, more painful. My cravings were worse than just a Strawberry Frappuccino.

Cleo walked back in with Melanie frantically running for me.

Her "running" was, well, she looked like she was about to fall over at any second, but she surprisingly stayed upright the entire time. Maybe because Cleo was burning the look of Jesus Christ into her back and Melanie just knew she had to prove her wrong.

"Mommy!"
"You're moving quick, literally? Aren't you?"

She was only eighteen months old, for her to be speeding so early was quite an accomplishment.

"Baby!" She cried.

With a grunt, I quickly pulled her up onto my chest. She situated herself to sit next to me, her arms sprawled out across my stomach.

Cleo huffed and crawled over us ever so carefully.

"You were worried about our baby again, lovely?" I said softly.
Cleo had suggested that saying "our baby" might help her feel less jealous and more involved.

She nodded.
"Nothing is wrong with him, I promise, lovely."

Of course, at that moment, he'd decided to give me the biggest kick of his little fetus career. My stomach erupted in ripples of a sharp burn.

I forgot to stifle my large groan, which just made Melanie look incredibly concerned.

Cleo gently, and very swiftly pulled her back into her lap.
"It's okay, baby," she reassured her.

Melanie whimpered. "Mommy,"
"Mommy's okay." Cleo whispered, softly kissing her head.

I lazily sat up, still clutching my stomach. "Would you like to look over me and Mama's list of baby names again, lovely?"