🩸Predator (pt.73)🩸

‼️TRIGGER WARNING: Chapter 63-74 (the end) of this book will include highly sensitive and emotional topics. Viewer discretion is advised. Gore warning‼️

Cleodare's POV:

Bloodthirsty maniac.

How was I supposed to achieve that?

Penelope trotted her way down to my cell, keys jingling in her gloved hands.

"Morning," she said.

I didn't say anything, too deep in thought.

And my gums still hurt from the previous day.

I kept touching the empty socket, the place where my fang had been. It hadn't fully healed yet.

"Thinking about something?"

I didn't stop to think before speaking.

"Can you help me?" My eyes shot up to look at her.

Dumbass, Cleodare, who the fuck raised you?

She looked skeptical, her eyebrows pulled down. "With...what?"
"I need to get out of here," I whispered desperately.

"I-I can't..." she sighed. "I can't do that."

"I'll do anything," I said. "I'll pay you. I can pay you more than they do here."
"I don't know, Cleodare. I could get in deep...deep trouble," she muttered. But she wasn't denying me yet. I still had a chance.

"Just get me out of the silver. No one has to know it was you."

She looked at me. But this time, her eyebrows had curved in sadness.

"I can't."

"Penelope. Please."

She sighed and didn't answer, only shoving the blood up to my lips. I drank it, but slower than usual.

"My children- my children need me," I whispered.

I conveniently left out I'd be killing as many people as I could manage before I left.
However, my sentence had seemed to cause her to zone out.

"Cleodare, seriously."
A sharp pang rang in my stomach.

"My children need me," I repeated, my voice stern. It was more harsh than I'd intended, the most confident I'd sounded in months. "If you don't help me I will still figure a way out. And I'll find you one day."

"You do realize you're the prisoner?"
"I will find a way, with or without you."

"I choose the latter."

Penelope let the plastic cup fall from her hand, making a small plink noise on the cold cement ground.

I groaned as she left my cell, locking it tight.

I sat and waited. I had roughly five minutes until another guard came to take me to that dreadful room again.

Thinking, I sat silently.

Until finally, a plan came to me.

All that could go wrong was if they knew about the rarely spoken-about vampire information I'd put into play.

There was enough time in between the guard taking me to the torture room from my cell to perhaps have a conversation with him.

In that time, I'd be able to lose the paralysis. But only if I twisted the lore.

"Cleodare, come on."

The guard unlocked my cell and handcuffed me, still in silver. He threw me over his shoulder and began to walk down the hallway.