🩸You Only Die Once (pt.30)🩸

(A/N, you may be feeling a lot of uh, emotions, during this. Thanks xburjx for helping me with these next two chapters)

I quickly stepped away from the bathtub. Cleo was busy giving me a death glare.

"I am hungry." She hissed.

I pressed a hand to my chest. My heart was beating rapidly. And I knew she could hear it. It seemed to be irritating her even more.

"Y-you have had enough," my voice shook. "Just sit down."

The last thing I needed was my naked, soapy girlfriend attacking me.

What could her father have given her?

I knew her going to him was a mistake.

My back pressed against the door. I didn't know what to do, whether to leave or stay to see what she would do. Maybe this was just a fluke.

She began to stand up.

Keeping eye contact with her, my hand quickly darted for the doorknob. I turned it and quickly ran out the door, slamming it behind me.

I tried to catch my breath, my back now pressed against the outside of the door. My hand still sealed on the doorknob, trying to hold it tight. Adrenaline rushed through me. I didn't know what to do.

I looked down at the hard wood floor. An idea began to circulate through my head, but I wasn't sure if it would work.

I quickly dashed down the stairs and to the fridge. I had to do it quickly before she came chasing after me.

"Please don't be mad at me for this." I whispered.

I grabbed two bags of blood from the fridge and ran up the stairs.

Through the door, I couldn't hear a thing. She was completely silent inside.
I ripped open the plastic and it sprayed out. I emptied it onto the floor, and did the same with the other.

My plan with it? I didn't know, not exactly. Maybe it would override her senses.

A single, loud splash sounded from inside the bathroom. I scampered out of the doorway and to the farthest room down the hallway. It was a guest bedroom, and serving no purpose, it was dull and hadn't been decorated.

I dared not make a sound. I had to handle this like I would with any other vampire; incredible ears and a dangerous thirst for blood.

Thinking of Cleodare as my girlfriend right now would just tear me up. And I was already busy trying to suck up my tears.

"Marine!" She called out.

Of course, my body had decided to tense up so much that I'd gone tone deaf. I couldn't tell what way she was saying it in. Did she want to kill me? Or was she just confused?

Then I heard a thump.

Taking a deep breath, I slowly peeked out of the door.

Cleo had slipped on the blood. She had landed on the floor face first.
And she'd put her old, bloody clothes back on. Maybe to kill me she'd decided she must do it modestly.

A shaky sigh left me, and her head shot up.

She was hunting me, there was no doubt about it.

I quickly moved back out of sight. I quietly closed the door and turned the lock. But I could feel her eyes scanning around.

I put a hand on my chest, trying my best to slow my heartbeat.

I would have to make a rational decision in the matter of a few seconds. Cleo definitely knew which room I was in.