🩸March (pt.63)🩸

‼️TRIGGER WARNING: Chapter 63-74 (the end) of this book will include highly sensitive and emotional topics. Viewer discretion is advised‼️

"Good morning, my love."

"God, I hate waking up."

Cleo kissed the top of my head, "But I bought you something."

"You said it was March."
"It...it is March, babydoll."

"Whatever," I muttered, trying to rub the sleep from my eyes. "What is it?"

Cleo lifted a large bag from the floor and set it on my lap, which was more my stomach because apparently, she didn't know the way around my anatomy when I was lying down.

The bag was heavy and it winded me, "Sh-shit, Cleo."

It was certainly a way to wake up.

"Oops, sorry," she picked it off of me with ease, giving me a small, apologetic smile.

She made it impossible to stay mad at her for long.

I looked back at the bag and read the label. "You got me a weighted blanket? Holy shit, I'm in love with you."

She laughed and began to unzip the airtight bag for me, and once she'd unfolded it, next came wrapping me in it.

"I feel like a caterpillar." It was indeed heavy on top of me, but the compression felt nice.

Cleo laughed again, a sound I could never get tired of. "I'm glad you like it."

"Hey, Cleo."
"Yes?" She sunk further into the covers and I held her hand.

"Do you think you could wear sunscreen?"

She snorted, "I'm not sure sunscreen would help my skin from melting off my bones, babydoll."

"Aw, lame, okay."
"Are you that upset about it?"

"I mean, I don't think the whole skin melting-off thing is that cute."

"Ah, I see. You just want me to be as cute as possible."

I hummed, "Yeah. We should go buy more books."

"You have tons of books you haven't read, Marine."

"You sound like my mom," I grumbled. "That's not the point. The point is the hope I have in the store when I think I'll read them. I like buying them. Don't you want me to be hopeful?"

"I see. Are you trying to guilt trip me?" she scoffed.
"Besides, we're millionaires, so..."

She glanced at me, "Interesting analysis."

"Then I can buy you a little pink dress, too," I told her.

She laughed, "Is that your dream?"
"I mean...if you're going to fulfill it..."

She sighed, "I don't really like dresses all that much, babydoll."

"Yeah, I've noticed that. It'd be cool if you did, though."

She just gave a weak smile.

"You wanna watch a movie?" I asked.

Cleo smiled and kissed my cheek, "Sure."

Then she handed me the remote, because she still had yet to learn how to use it.

Once the movie was on, I could barely pay attention to it. My eyes kept getting drawn to Cleo, her face. She was next to me, and I knew she knew I was staring at her, even though her eyes were stuck to the TV.

I liked watching how her chest rose and fell, how her lips pursed, and how her eyebrows twitched in reaction to every little thing on the screen.

Without thinking, I reached out and gently ran my fingers across her jaw. She glanced down but didn't turn me away.