🩸Favorite Person (pt.14)🩸

(A/N: i hope this chapter makes you smile :) things have been kinda heavy lately, you know, it's a vampire novel, but i added some cute moments just for funzies!
Also it's pride month so i think we need some cute baby wlw scenes)

Cleo was right, I needed to sleep. When I woke up, all my limbs felt right again. She was still right next to me, holding me, all I had wanted.

"Feel better?"

Apparently, she had gone to sleep, because her raspy morning voice made my cheeks go pink and tingles dance up my spine.
"Good...I mean- yes, yes I do."

Cleo definitely knew why I had stuttered so much. She smirked down at me and kissed the top of my head.

"You whore."

Although a little strange, I would let her call me anything she wanted, really, I would never be upset.
She was the one who'd made me her whore in the first place.

"Where's Harper?" Then I muttered, "I swear I ask that all the time."
"He's downstairs, cleaning up the bloody mess."

"Cleaning up..as in?..."
"Satan's mother, Marine, we're not wild animals!"

"I think it was a valid concern." I grumbled.

"The blood is better when the person is actually alive."

I looked up at her and smiled.
"Okay you devil's spawn, hand me that," I reached over for my abandoned book on the floor.

"Devil's spawn?!" She screeched, holding back a laugh.
"I'm serious!" I giggled.

With another playful scoff, she bent over to get me my book and tossed it to me. It landed on my lap.

I picked it up to smell the pages, the aroma of books was tasteful, and the nice subtle crinkle when you turned the page made my heart full. It was the little things in life.

"Devil's spawn...I'm going to remember that one forever,"

"Forever, literally." I remarked, opening it up and taking my bookmark out.

"Forever is a long time," she muttered, staring into the abyss.
"I don't have time to listen to your existential crisis right now, sorry, bubby."

She held back a smile and scoffed, "Right, I apologize."

As I read Cleo rested her head on top of mine and hugged me tight. She let me read until Harper came up from the crime scene.

"Please observe." He pointed to the open door.

Putting my book to the side and rolling off of Cleo, I worriedly looked back at her, she nodded. I got up and stood at the railing.
I noticed a few spots where there were still blood stains, but I passed them off and told him it was fine.

With my legs beginning to shake, I headed back inside and swiftly cuddled back up with her.

"What happened?" I pressed my back against the door and pulled on each of my fingers, they each let out a small pop.

"Cleodare saved my life," he smirked, "you must really like me."
"You just admit that you would've died if I hadn't been there." Cleo grumbled, glaring at him from her spot on the bed.

"How did that happen?"
She sat up. "He got entangled in shit tons of silver, that's what happened,"

Harper just scoffed, as if denying it all.

"They got him by the neck, and I helped with the rest."

Cleo's invincibility certainly had to be why she was spot four in the hierarchy.