Mate

Unknown's POV

"Kai what is it?" asked Kelsey. I looked at her and Harmony who stood in front of me. Her tiny shirt was still pulled up with bruises. "My mate's pup has bruises" I said to them. "What" said Amber as she rushed to Harmony's side. Kelsey brought cream to put on the wounds. Just as Kelsey put on the cream on the bruises my mate started to wake up. I saw her green eyes open slowly. I watched as she looked around the room and pulled the blanket closer.

She still laid there naked under the soft blanket I gave her. She only rested for a few minutes. It was like she needed more sleep. "Mommy" said Harmony as Kelsey kept putting on the soft healing cream. "What is that?" questioned my mate in a worried tone. "It's healing cream Luna," said Amber. "Give me her'' said my mate as she still stayed covered. "Please" she said again.

My mate looks at the bruise that is see able on her daughter. Harmony is sitting on her lap. "What happened?" I said, getting impatient. I snapped at my own mate to know why her pup had bruises and why she was on the run. I notice that my mate is calm. Harmony flinched when I rudely asked what was going on. I didn't mean to scare the poor child. I felt really bad about it.

"Nothing" said my mate in a faint voice. Why would she lie to me? "Don't lie to me mate, who did this" I said as I stared at her. "Dexter" she yelled back at me. He had to have punched her multiple times in the chest to get these kinds of bruises. I watched as my mate started to cry. "I'm sorry. I won't let that happen to either of you again" I said wanting to still protect my mate.

I watched as my mate looked at me with sad eyes. She shook her head as she kept crying. "Men have told me that and they soon passed away with a fate just as worse as death" she said. "Mate" said Sergio as he gave her pleading eyes. My mate had to be hurting more than I realized. I quickly pulled both of the girls into my arms for a hug. Harmony hugged me back. My mate did everything she could to stay away from my touch. Her coconut scent smells delightful.

She used her blanket to block my touch from her bare skin. She still lay beside me naked. "Amber, Kelsey you may return home" I told them. "Yes alpha. Would you like for everyone else to leave?" asked Amber. "Yes" I said as Kelsey nodded her head and left. She got everyone who was in the backyard to go to their own houses. "What are you doing?" asked my mate.

"I am getting to know my mate" I said as I stood up from the couch. She gave me confused eyes when I walked to the kitchen. I started to pull stuff out of the cabinets. I needed to feed my starving mate. I was thinking of making tortellini for her. Harmony did eat the whole bowl of macaroni salad. I knew that as a full grown wolf she may have been starving. I needed to feed her before she became any weaker. It was my job as a mate after all to make sure she is okay.

Alexandra's POV

I laid on the couch naked in the blanket. My daughter was looking up at me. I knew that she was fed by the pack that I tried to steal food from. I knew that this man was my mate. "Alexandra I don't like this," said Honey. I knew she didn't because my mate died and so did Prince even after he asked to mate with him. Now I have my second chance mate. What was I going to do?

Everyone that I have ever been close with as a mate has died. What am I supposed to do when I have my second chance mate. I was scared of being in this situation again. Honey is pained by all the stuff that happened in our past. "Mate," he said aloud. I turned to him realizing that I was talking to Honey and my eyes were glossed over. I didn't know that I was out of it.

"My name is Kai, what is your name?" he said. I looked at my mate who noticed I wasn't paying attention to him. I couldn't believe that I still had a mate after all this time. It made me miss Estevan. Honey was whimpering from the bottom part of my heart. I knew that sooner or later the mate bond would come back to me. I was scared to imagine that happening all over again.

"Hi Kai," I said, still nervous about getting to know my mate. I took a deep breath since I wasn't ready to meet another guy. I felt bad luck within me. I had to keep my mate far away from me. All I kept seeing was Estevan dying in front of me and Prince falling on his face in front of me. When I look at my mate's handsome face I couldn't help but see his lifeless face looking back at me. It was a nightmare and I never stopped dreaming about it now it's all starting over again.

"Just call me mate" I said not wanting to get too attached. "Okay" said Kai with a saddened tone in his voice. "What is your daughter's full name?" Kai asked me. I looked at my daughter. I never gave her a last name. I didn't know if I should use mine or Estevan's last name. "It's Harmony Estella..." I paused at the end of what I was saying. "Is that all?" he asked me curiously.

I nodded my head as she laid in my lap. "Oh okay. I won't force you to talk about it, "said Kai. As a mate he was very understanding. I know having a pup must be a nightmare for him. I just hoped he didn't see me differently. I haven't been in a pack home for so long. I missed my pack house so much. I grabbed Harmony and pulled her in closer so that we could rest well. Kai cooked. May this be the start off to a better life. Who knows what may happen next.