Fate

exandra's POV

I looked at my mate happily. Kai had made himself the protector of her. It was like baptizing her or even adopting her like his own daughter. I did ask him to do this. I wanted her to be in this pack if something went wrong. It was better this way for Harmony. I was shocked that he did this in front of his entire pack. I was smiling once I saw him looking back at me.

I looked to the floor with a smile on my face. He knew this made me very happy. Honey was happy but she knew now that Harmony was safe without us. She had to grow up in a pack. I never wanted her to be a rogue forever. I knew once she found her mate that I would force her to live with him. I wanted her to grow up happily with many people who love her.

It may not be my family but it will be Kai's. After he welcomed Harmony to the pack she walked down to have all the wolves they all shifted and rubbed their fur against her. This pack was bigger than the ones back home. Once they walked away it was just me and Kai. Kelsey and Amber took her. Kai walked away in his wolf form. I knew he was going to change. It was better that he left so that I could think. I need to get Dexter off of my back.

It was only how long until he found me again. I questioned if I could even get away. This couldn't be a recurring nightmare. As I thought about it in my head I noticed Kai walking back to me with clothes on in his normal human form. I looked back to the crowd after they gave my daughter their pack scent. Everyone ran into the woods. As they all changed and came back I watched as they began to spare one another. I missed doing this with my old pack.

I looked away from them as they were smiling and betting on a winner. They were getting in their normal groups. I remember me and Estevan and how we trained the pups together. I miss little Theodore as he had a hard time with being the omega. I never even taught Harmony my or Estevan's secret moves. I couldn't look at the mates sparring with one another. It hurt me.

My skin jumped at the slightest feeling of sparks. It was Kai holding onto my finger. "Come on" said Kai as he mentioned the field as he tilted his head. I stood myself from moving with Honey helping me plant my feet on the ground. Kai jerked when he felt that I stopped walking. He looked at me strangely. He might have been curious as to why. I shook my head.

I didn't want to go up there. "Do me this one thing since I don't know your name, mate" Kai said. I looked to the ground feeling my hand in his. Sparks were flying but I felt my grip loosen. I took a deep breath. I stopped holding my ground. I needed to tear these walls down if this was going to work. I followed Kai to the field. He let my hand go so that we were on different sides.

"Begin" said Kelsey as she walked by. Amber was playing with Harmony. I nodded my head and let out a deep breath. I was barely trying. He was coming at me and I only blocked. My eyes were filling up with tears. I remember my pack's voices in my head. I couldn't help but whimper. For a moment I just stood still. Kai stopped fighting me once he knew I wasn't trying.
I felt so weak as I cried in front of everyone. Kai instantly pulled me in for a hug. "It's okay mate," said Kai. "Let's leave," said Honey. "I need to go," I said to Kai. "You are a Luna. I don't know what you have been through but you are strong. I don't even know your name and you raised a daughter by yourself. You were a rogue and you didn't crumble from my touch" said Kai.

I looked him in the eyes as our distance was sacred. He was right, he doesn't know me. His sparks aren't as strong. He knows that all too well and it scares me. "I challenge you mate," said Kai. "what" I asked as I looked at him confused with tears still in my eyes. "You need to stop running," said Kai softly as he walked away from me. He took another stance away from me.

I took a deep breath thinking about everything in my past. Kai is my mate but my tears will always be with Estevan. My second chance starts now. I must prepare for it this time. My feet were strong and steady as my stance was. I put my arms up ready to go. I was going to be ready. I should have never said why. My words should have been tried by me. I was stronger than this. Kai knew that and it's what I needed right now. I needed faith.

I growled letting my anger take control. I howled ready for my next move. If I was going through with this then it had to be the last time I backed down. The last time I cry and the last time I fear like a coward. Estevan will always have my soul but my heart belongs to Kai. He is my second chance. I knew my eyes were brighter than ever before as Honey was also taking over.

"You were right," said Honey. I haven't felt this good in years. As I looked at Kai he had the biggest smile on his face. "There is my true mate" said Kai as he took a bow. Everyone in the pack gathered around to watch the show. "Begin" said Kelsey again. This time was my turn. I was never running away again. I was getting everything back no matter the cost.