Sorrow

Alexandra's POV

I was crying and so was Honey. I could tell she was hurting the most out of both of us. I finally had the courage to open the ring box. Once I opened it there lay the most beautiful ring I have ever seen.

It had one huge diamond and the rest of the ring looked like it had vines like a rose. There were little diamonds in the leaves and it looked beautiful. "I wonder what would have happened if he didn't die," said Honey.

"I honestly don't know," I said back to her. I was at the edge of the rock by the deck looking into the water. I cried again because I couldn't make myself stop. The wind picked up and my hair was soaked. It looked black than my original hair color, dark brown.

My skin looked pale, probably from me not wearing a jacket when it was raining. I looked in the water crying some more but I felt a pair of arms hug me. I looked into the water to see who it was because I felt little sparks.

I looked up to see Estevan's face and body and a pair of wings. My eyes went blurry from my tears again but when I looked back he wasn't there. I shook my head thinking I was going crazy from the mate bond.

I put the ring on and me and Honey swore to never take it off. I heard someone coming towards me and I didn't care who it was so I just sat there. I sniffed the air to find out it was my mom. She cupped my face to make me look at her.

She looked sad but when she looked down she saw the ring and I cried hugging her. She hugged me back saying "I am so sorry I wish things were different but come on we have to go home now." I nodded and took her hand leading me to the house.

A couple months later

Right now I am standing in the hospital. Tessa is giving birth to her baby but something is wrong. She started bleeding when she was asleep and Caleb brought her here as fast as he could. We came here an hour after getting worried about Tessa and her baby.

She was supposed to have her baby until next month but they have to bring the baby out of her right now if not it won't make it. The doctors haven't said anything other than that she was poisoned with wolfsbane.

That made everyone worry more. I was sitting next to Caleb who could not stop moving. Everyone put him by me since everyone can go back to sleep. I am a night owl and once I am awake I can't go to sleep until the next night.

He was starting to make me dizzy from pacing around. Nobody was here except our family/group. It was four in the morning when this happened. "Caleb stop moving around so much you're getting me stressed over here" I whisper yelled at him. He turned his face and apologized since stress was bad for my baby.

I still had a month and two weeks to go and I didn't want to know the gender of my baby yet. Caleb and Tessa also wanted to wait too. Caleb sat down next to the chair I was in and fell asleep really fast.

I rolled my eyes and patted my stomach that had grown a lot. I was playing with the ring that Estevan was going to give me when he was going to propose. I never took it off except when I really had to or when I thought I would lose it.

I looked around, everyone was sleeping, even Honey. I started walking around the hospital since I won't go to sleep until tomorrow night. We took two waiting rooms so I knew how to go back to the one we were staying in.

I walked around and I found where they keep the babies. I looked at them, some were asleep and others were crying. I would come here a lot to congratulate the new families when they had their pups. I stopped because I got too busy and now we meet them when they can come and welcome them to the pack.

I rested my hands on the little counter by the window to look at the babies. Just as the door opened by the nurse Lillian, she gave me a smile and ran into the room to help the babies. "Hey, can I help you?" I asked. "Sure if you want" said Lillian. I went inside without a reply.