Introduction

Alexandra's POV

Right now I'm standing in the woods with my family and friends and the whole pack because right now it is my birthday and my first shift.  In a few minutes I will be fifteen and shift for the first time and I can't wait. I really wanna see what we look like.

"Are you happy to see what we will look like Honey" I said, "yeah I cannot wait any longer I just want to shift so badly now" said Honey.  "I know you do, so do I but only one minute left ok Honey." I told her this honestly because I'm really excited too, but Honey my wolf is really happy to finally see what she looks like.

Once I stopped talking to my wolf my mom and dad walked up with my little brother and sister. My mother spoke first and said "happy birthday to you both. I love you guys so much, my baby is growing up too fast." "Mom, don't cry I'm not dying I'm just shifting for the first time" once I said that she cried even harder and hugged me to death, once I thought I was gonna faint my dad pulled her off of me. Oh my god I could breathe again I thought.

Once I finally caught my breath my dad came up to me and said "she is just sad because next year you will be able to meet your mate and once you find him you will leave us if he is in a different pack. " aww I know but that's a year away, I still have time with you guys as a family." I told him this when I was messing with my little brother's hair because he was pouting at me once he heard I will leave the family one day.

All of a sudden Kayla, my little sister pulls Isaiah out of my hands and says "it's now time to get ready." "Ok" was all I said as I went on top of the stage that was in the woods for us to use. Once I was on top of the stage my mom and dad came up and spoke in their alpha voices to get everyone's attention, which it did. My father spoke first this time and said "we are here today to celebrate our daughter's first shift and fifteen birthday." Everyone applauded and said happy birthday. I was happy to have them with me for today because I was really nervous.

All of a sudden I started feeling this pain and I knew I was shifting. It really did hurt, that's all I could say before I heard my bones cracking. Once they were in place I looked at myself in a mirror and I was shocked I was pretty with light brown fur and green eyes. My eyes stayed the same which made my wolf a whole lot better. But to be honest I think everything is beautiful so I could look really ugly right now and I'm over here thinking I could belong in a magazine. I am so lonely and weird in my own way haha.

After a couple more seconds I hear my father's voice saying go behind the tree and shift so you're not naked in front of everyone and that there is a dress for me that Kayla put so I could shift back. After I shifted back into my human form and put the dress on I asked Honey if she liked what we looked like as a wolf,  all she said was "oh my god we look great I love how we still have our green eyes still."

All I did was nod, "I can't wait for next year when we can find our mate." Said Honey. "Yeah I can't wait either but today we just had to worry about shifting but now since we are done with that we just party for the rest of the night."  Ok was the last thing I heard from Honey and I went to celebrate the rest of the night with my pack.