Chapter 14:Unexpected happenings

"Curious cat ah!"she was astonished and flushed at his reply.Isha didn't expect such a reply from Vikram.
Somehow she managed to shrug off the gift thought ,thinking he won't give it for sure.Though made a mental note to pay a visit to the library tomorrow.

Reaching home,after freshening up and ,had some cereals as she was too tired to make something better than that,to be precise the thought of him talking and smiling at her while clearing the misunderstanding and cheering her up in between the zero dramatic conversation which took place in a gentle manner made her distracted from doing anything.

Finishing it Isha boiled the milk, pouring it into a glass and took it to her room which was upstairs while sipping it literally climbing through the stairs.Once she was done drinking the milk,she settled in her bed.Just was about to switch off the light,she heard her phone ringing.Thinking who might be at this time she reached for it thinking it would be on the bed side table,but it wasn't there.It was lying on the couch.Whining a little she got up and walked to the sofa,accidentally her eyes fell on the mirror showing her reflection.

Her eyes went wide and wiped off the milk stain on her upper lip.The thought itself brought Vikram laughing at her for the first time, catching the sight of her milk stained lips, and the way he showed his phone camera to make understand the fact.

Smacking her head Isha took her phone and pressed it against her ear shaking her head looking at the caller id.

"Ishu baby,what are you doing now?",asked a wide awake Preethi.

Preethi is Isha's childhood best friend.She too a doctor in the same hospital where Isha works.They both are like siblings.If they both meet each other outside their work place,no one can beat their pranks and naughtiness ever.
Just the exact replica of Vikram and Varun when it comes to being pranksters.
They never hide anything from each other.Isha shares each and everything with Preethi.
When Isha told her about the guy whom she met that night in her balcony during the party,that too in their hospital canteen,Preethi looked concerned as if she was trying to console her friend while sipping her coffee,but much to Isha's dismay she spilled all the drink,unable to control her laugh and started laughing vigorously,irking Isha even more,than she already was.

The staffs who were occupying the other tables turned around to look at the laughing Preethi,who paid no heed to anyone except the embarrassed coffee boiler beside her,who was continuously shooting daggers at her.

Preethi closed her mouth with both her hands to stifle her laugh,though the occasional muffled laughter didn't seems to subside.

Unable to take it anymore,Isha's plumby lips quivered down and the innocent eyes brimmed with tears,sensing it Preethi pouted and pulled Isha into a bear hug while trying to pacify her.

Taking advantage of the situation,Isha bit Preethi's shoulder who shrieked suddenly.Again everyone turned to them making them feel embarrassed consciously.Mumbling a soft sorry in unison both headed towards the entrance,as both their shift was over.Occasionally glaring at each other while walking closer they headed towards the nearby cafeteria.

All the while Preethi kept on rubbing her shoulder with a slight pout as if showing Isha that,it was stinging.Isha blinked at Preethi innocently.

Leaning towards her bestie,Isha kissed at Preethi's shoulder.Preethi's eyes and mouth went wide.Isha kissed her shoulder that too almost when they were crossing the main road,what would be the trespassers think of them? incase if any spot these two.

Setting down on their favourite corner seat,they again started their silly fight.It was Preethi who started first."What do you think of yourself girl?Why are you giving me hickey's and kisses,that too in public.What will people think of us?,chee..chee..I didn't expect this from you,Dr.Ishana."