Chapter 32:Tranquility

''Hello....''

I literally trembled when Vikram's manly voice hit my ears.Clutching the phone,I bit my lips to suppress my tension,which would eventually create more troubles for me.

After having a good time of battling with my mind and heart,I decided to call Vikram and the time was already nine in the evening.

''Today..in my hospital...''I stuttered not finding any words to talk,But I was cut off by him before I could say anything,''Just speak up clearly.I am in the middle of a conference-''He spoke a bit roughly,making me flinch at the sudden changeover.

''Okay...Okay..Very sorry to disturb you in between I-''

''Just tell me why did you call?''He snapped back.His voice was holding so much of irritation,which churned my stomach.

''Wi..Will you please call me,later?I need to talk to you.....Please"I voiced out the latter in a pleading tone,unable to bear his ignorant.Without my knowledge I sniffed in between,which I stopped quickly.

As I was very well aware of the fact that,Vikram hates to see me crying over silly things.

''Alright.''He cut the call immediately making me frown worriedly and I sat there staring at the sky blankly.

I promised him during our engagement assuring that,I won't be creating any chaos in between us,but couldn't keep up my promises.

Hugging my knees while checking the time on my phone occasionally,I waited for his call.While mentally preparing myself to tell him everything and I kept on anticipating his call with batted breath.

The night was pitch dark and time was nearing 12:30.Still no budge from his side which made me restless.And I was left in a dilemma whether to call him or not.

What if he had fallen asleep or if he hadn't ended the conference yet?

The back of my head was aching like it'd burst anytime soon due to the stress.I didn't even let pappa or mumma know about the incident.I wished Preethi was there.But sadly none was.

Making up my mind while biting my bottem lip in nervous,I dialled Vikram.Each ringing sound sent a shiver down my spine.

.

.

.

.

''What now?''His voice was showing pure boredom which disappointed me.To be frank,I was more than hurt.

But before he would retort,I begun speaking in a shivering tone.''Ar..Are you done with the meeting?'' I couldn't stop my shivering state.''Yeah,it ended two hours ago.''He added simply.

Why he was taking back at me to this extend.

''Oh..Alright.''I responded without my knowledge and continued,''Today,once my shift was over,I went to take rest for a while in my cabin and...''I pursed my lips to suppress my sob and continued.But heard no response from his end,though I continued to speak.''I heard some of my senior doctors were talking ill about me.''

''I was just surpassing but had the urge to stop when one of them dragged my name in between.So,I just thought of....And one of them said that,my pappa had sell me and my whole self to you just to fill his pocket ''

By now I couldn't hold back the hiccups and sobs caused due to the turmoil I was feeling and I sensed he was listening,silently.''They even added saying I was a shame on the medical seat,and I was only suit for these kind of filthy games.And I was utilizing your wealth as per my wish.''

I gripped the phone tighter when feeling terribly ashamed by their choices of words.Only my weeping could be heard at the moment,as none of him or me talked.