Chapter 34:Medical camp

The ever vibrant smile of him was the only thing I always wanted.And if it was me being the reason for his smile..Then nothing else matters more than this.

As I finished uttering those word,Vikram gave me his most beautiful and innocent smile,before kissing my forehead with a prolonged kiss.

It was pure bliss and I felt blessed,when he patted my head before making me lay on his shoulder.The sound of the pure water splashing and the chirps of little birds were heard,resembling the heaven.

The whole vicinity emitted positivity,protective,calm and assurance just as his gentle,strong embrace.

''Thank you.''

After almost five minutes he spoke making me smile with closed eyes,resting my head on his shoulder.

There wasn't any awkwardness or tension was on the air.Only peace and the sense of belonging.

A few seconds later I loosen my hold around Vikram's neck,making him obvious to the fact that,I had something to ask.He too released the hold and got me out of the embrace,while giving me a questioning stare,with a slight frown.

''Ahm....That is....Then...Wh..What about Pooja then?''

I knew I was always been a mood spoiler when it comes to Vikram.But Pooja topic was something gives me sleepless nights,ever since he scolded me infront of her at coffee shop.

Why was she behind him always?Why she did act mad at me at the coffee shop?

Why did Vikram accompany her to the coffee shop?Why did he shout at me before her?

And what was the look she gave me and him at our engagement and what about her statements that day?

Thousands of questions were killing me alive,and my insecurities were not leaving a single chance to haunt me whenever I was reminded of her thoughts.

An exasperated sigh of Vikram alerted me saying,it was an alarm.I stared at him,contemplating the decision to ask him was right or not.

I chewed my inner bottom lip,when a gush of fear surged through my veins.

''For your kind insecurity questions and informations,I have nothing to do with that Pooja.I repeat NOTHING.''He emphasized the latter with so much sincere and confident.

A hint of anger was crystal clearly visible in that metal voice.Which means he didn't wanted to discuss about her and her topic in between us.

I felt I got my breath back hearing him not scolding me for my blunders. As they felt,those words were needed for the hour.

''I thought..You lo-'' 

''Stop it.That's enough,Isha.''His voice boomed making me shudder at the sudden demeanor change and I mumbled a quick sorry.

Vikram sprang up from the ground and anger was visible in his every movement.Though I decided to open up something happened few days back.

It was okay if he scold me hearing it,but I just wanted to tell him.

''You remember how cruelly the both of you humiliated me in the coffee shop among lots of people?One scolded me mercilessely,and the other swatted my palm,when I was about to get hold of her afraid of falling down,due to their humiliations.

But all I was going to do was to apologize someone and nothing else,like seeking his attention as per his assumption''I spoke from my heart with a small frown and pout,while coiling the fring of my shawl.

His assurance,he gave a while ago reassured me that,I shouldn't have to feel fear,when I open up to him,except my nonsense behaviours.

Silence.