Chapter25:The truth &more

There stood Pooja all smiling at him.
He returned it.She didn't care to spare a glance at Naren who stood in front of Vikram.

"Hi Mr.Vikram,seems like sir is so busy that he didn't even noticed the girl in front.Anyways I am hell disappointed with the acts of yours."said her with a pout and crossing her hands to her front almost lifting her chest.

A wave of uneasiness hit Vikram hearing her reply.He wondered how will the person before him consider her nonsense rant.So in the pretext of clearing the awkwardness,which caused by her words he asked her why with a frown.

"Ufff...Don't you have any idea about my birthday party night?You kept on assuring Ishana who was all upset in my party,when I came to you asking for a dance you even refused my offer.Then when I came back to see you,you were gone without informing the birthday girl.Even she was also gone.How unfair.I was worried you know."Pooja begun her usual attention seeking talks.

She has no idea the person in front of Vikram is Isha's father,as she never met him before but heard about,and he started connecting the dots with her talks.Soon Naren excused himself and left before the bewildered Vikram stop him.

"After all that girl don't even have the manners to behave at the party.She literally spoilt your mood and it completely spoilt mine.Such an irritating attention seeker she's."Pooja tried hard to create a good image about her in Vikram's and portrayed herself as a good one,only to earn a lethal glare from Vikram.

"Listen Ms.Malhothra,trying to seek people attention by talking ill about others when they aren't around will only make us lose our own peace and bring dishonest to us and definitely not to them.Got it?"
asked Vikram with a very sharp voice which made her tremble in the intensity the voice held.But he didn't show his anger. Her head gradually nodded in fear.

Vikram left the place not before asking her sorry if it offended.He couldn't tolerate the fact Pooja trying to malign Isha;just to get close to him.

Vikram and Varun excusing themselves left the place.Vikram kept on saying what Naren might have thought about him.There are chances for Naren doubting Vikram.Vikram kept on pushing his hand through his hairs,all the while clenching his jaws.

Isha kept on wiping her nonstop tears.Her sniffles increased each passing minutes.She was glancing at the foggy atmosphere in an attempt to suppress the overwhelming emotions which flow through her doe eyes.

Her dad returning from the meeting took her to their usual cafeteria.Both sat facing each other and Isha kept on nagging him why did he took her only and not mom and Preethi.But he said nothing.She pouted when he said nothing and turned her face away waiting for her dad to speak up.

Isha's head turned in a swift move and a gasp escaped her mouth hearing her dad's unexpected question.

"Was that Vikram?"was the question.She felt off guard.She wondered whether Vikram met her dad at the conference and poured everything.

Then why he did said Preethi to keep it as a secret or not to reveal him even if they demand an answer who was the person.

Diplomatic fellow.

"Answer me first then scold him mentally"Her dad's demanding voice broke her chain of thoughts.Lowering her eyes Isha took a deep breath to calm down her.

"Yes dad it was Vikram sir only.He's the one who saved me."stopped Isha not wanting to talk further as she felt her dad was watching her keenly as if she's lying or hiding something from him.

"Then why didn't you mention him before or are you cooking up some stories to make me believe you Isha?Mind it I am your dad and not your mom who trust you so easily."

Isha had had enough of the talks.Why does she has to suffer like a culprit,even after not doing anything wrong other than hiding the truth from her parents.Her dad is not someone who blames others not knowing the whole truth,but her behaviours made him suspicious.

"I have no any intention to hide it from you dad.But he...he's the one asked us to keep it as a secret,or at least not to reveal that,it was him who saved me.If I tell you....."Isha trailed off finding no way to convince her father.

Connecting the dots,Naren let out a sigh of exasperation rubbing his temples.He got what Isha meant and he could sense her uneasiness and slight pain in her breaking voice.She was trying hard to suppress the agony.Isha was never like that before.He knows his daughter very well.He decided to go with the flow.

"Hmm.Its alright princess.Come,we should leave otherwise mumma will make both of us starve if she gets to know that we roam around the city leaving her alone."he tried to divert her mind,as he doesn't have the courage to ask his daughter directly knowing how timid person she is.

On the way Naren purchased some ice creams.He requested Isha,not to touch it until they reach home.
Knowing that,she will definitely empty the whole three buckets by the time they reach home.

But being the child in her took a strawberry flavoured ice cream bucket and started devouring the creamy cold goodness.To get a pleasant vibe she slid the glass shutter down to feel the softness of snow flakes.

Isha closing her eyes shut peeked her head outside the car window amidst he dads warning.She giggled when the little snow flakes touch her face.Heaving a long breath Isha then pulled back her head and started enjoying her ice cream.

In an attempt to tease her dad she took a spoonful and forwarded near his mouth,demanding him to have it,only to earn a glare of admonishment.

"Please Naren,have it naa.It will chill your body and mind."

When her dad looked ahead not minding her she giggled and begun eating.

Soon the car stopped due to traffic light.Isha kept on stuffing the ice cream till her eyes accidentally landed on the car beside her side.She felt the car oddly familiar.Stuffing another spoonful inside her mouth, which almost puffed her cheeks she narrowed her eyes to make sure it the person inside it is the same whom she assumes or some other people.

Soon the dark tinted window slid down making her eyes widen in utter shock.Adding much to her state the person inside the adjacent car pulled down his aviator sunglasses and lifted both his eyebrows with a smirk,as if demanding her what she was up to.

It made her gulp down the whole melted content in.Isha was caught red handed by Vikram who was on the other car.

In the whole London city,why am I end up meeting this guy again and again.

Making a face which match her state,she literally squeezed her eyes as if she didn't notice him.Lowering her long lashes Isha turned to the other side,while slowly pulling the car window up as if nothing happened.

She sighed in relief as her dad didn't notice all these,as he was busy watching his phone.

The little gestures and the childish acts of her made Vikram chuckle at her antics.Soon the green light flashed and both the cars started moving.Vikram literally slow downed his accelater,knowing that she will surely steal glances through the mirror.As expected Isha's kitten gaze fell on the mirror,in the reflection she again spot him smiling,A knowing smile.She slapped her head feeling embarrassed again and turned away.

All of a sudden,the conversation which took place in between her and her dad flashes in her mind making her frown.Isha again turned to the mirror to shot Vikram a glare,but didn't spot him as he took the other turn.Isha sighed in agitation.

----------------
Hey friends back with another update.
Sorry for the short update.

Please spare some words friends😊

hope you all enjoy reading this chapter😊.

Keep supporting.