Chapter 31:Overwhelming

''Happy birthday,Isha.'' Vikram's voice was gentle and calming.I did nothing but  still lost when he engulfed me in a bear hug,I sobbed in his arms as much as I could.Wrapping my arms around his neck I buried my head in his chest.My tears were continuously wetting his crisp white tee.

''Thank you'',Those left my lips as a small whisper,and I felt him smiling patting my head.

Vikram stood there holding me close to his heart while caressing my hairs.The snowfall was getting heavier with the time passes,and I closed my eyes to feel the warmth that was radiating off his chest.

''I have ever given you pain,stress,and humiliation, haven't I?...But I swear,I won't be giving you pain or suffering...anymore.''I said breaking the hug halfly and looking straight into his eyes.His eyes were boring into mine as if reading my soul.

''I am really sorry for hurting you.''With pursed lips my voice broke in between.

Tears were ceaselessly falling from my eyes which I didn't bother to wipe off and let them flow.Even he didn't mind to wipe them off either.As if letting me to pour out all my guilt,which I consider as guilt.

He too had tears and closed his eyes,in order to blink away his tears.I felt like wiping his tears with my hands.

I hesitantly lifted my palms and wiped his tears off,not meeting his eyes.

I saw Vikram's eyelids were fluttering in between,like a small kid deprived of love and care.I smiled in satisfaction making him frown at me questioningly.

''Let's go.....,polar bear.''I said after a pause making him gasped,eyes widening.I giggled looking at Vikram,as he was wearing such an expression for the first time.

''What did yo-''As if something clicked his mind he tried to brush off his hair vigorously making me laugh at his actions.

''Wait..wait.Let me help.''Stifling my giggle I reached out to brush off the tiny snowflakes from his hair.

Once I was done brushing off the snowflakes,I ran my hand through his hair to keep it kempt and presentable.

I had become bold enough to caress his hairs.Hadn't I?

''Pappa and mumma must be waiting.Can we leave?''I asked after a moment of pause,he nodded with a hum and guided me downstairs.While I collected the little messages from the fortune cookies.

''I want to keep them with me forever.''I said with a smile while stuffing them carefully inside my bag.He gave a smile and hummed.

Vikram settled down the bill along with tips of gratitude and came back.

.

.

.

''I shouldn't be asking this now.But can I?''I asked one he started the engine,he gave me a frowned look and nodded,with a hum.

''What happened with your parents?''I asked Vikram who was focusing on the road with a frown on.Hearing me the car slowed down a bit but not much and he drew a sharp breath turning towards my side with his eyes portraying an unfathomable expression.

''So..Didn't your dad tell anything about myself?''His voice was hoarse,causing me to flinch inward.

''No..Dad didn't..And I-'' My words were cut off by him,who said,''I am an orphan,Isha.''

What..

Vikram....Orphan......

His words felt like a bullet to my shoulder or a knife to my stomach.