Chapter 36: Betrayal

Vikram was busy conducting a board meeting, he received a call from the person who happened to be none other than his stubborn, yet childish wife to be.

A broad smile made its way when he excused himself and stared at the caller id.

Excusing himself for a couple of minutes he attended the call, since it was ringing for long. Pressing the phone to his ear, he waited purposely, letting her to initiate the talk.

 A mischievous and playful frown was making its way, in curious to know how she was going to initiate the conversation.

But it didn't even take a single second when he heard her feeble voice. Isha was addressing him by his name herself; after she had spelled it for the first time in front him that day.

Only if it was some other normal moment, he would have been very happy to hear her addressing him without any hesitant.

But sensing some urgency in her feeble voice panicked him instantly and his heart skipped a beat.

Something that he feared from the beginning seems to take a new avatar.

His brain stopped working once the adrenaline kicked in out of fear and he ran both his hand through his hair in pure anxiety and distress.

Not knowing what to do, Vikram slammed open the board room which made all the board of directors give him a stunned confused look.

He realized what he was up to, apologizing and informing that he had to leave he gave a helpless stare to Varun who was also in the same state as the others.

Hurrying outside the office in a lightning speed, he rushed to his car, started the engine and drove off.

The sudden jerk when the sleek black range rover pulled up to pick up the pace showed the exact state of his chaotic mind. Vikram's palms were getting cold and were shivering with the fear.

Nothing came to his mind other than the scene which was about to take place in the party, that night.

His mind started playing all the worst possibilities and the vulnerability, she must be going through.

He had no idea what was happening around her. Vikram kept on calling Isha constantly, but went in vain.

Vikram's eyes started to get blur which he furiously wiped off with his suit collar. Hands were shaking vigorously with panic and anxiety, and the grip on the steering wheel was loosening due to the incessantly sweating palms.

He cursed himself for sending her away, for giving her permission. This was the reason he didn't want her to experience. A nasty situation, no girl should go through.

He didn't know what really was happening, but surely not a normal happening would take place.

The network he was operating to keep the girls and children, has been saving and rescuing many, whom he didn't even know and saw. But when it comes to his woman, he wasn't sure about her security.

Vikram felt weakening and failing calculating the time lapse left to reach the small town she was in. The car came to a halt in his private airport.

.

.

.

.

It took him almost one and half an hour to reach the small undeveloped city called Jaywick. Inquiring the whereabouts of the medical service camp, Vikram rushed to the place, where the life of him fighting for her life.

One positive thing was the area of the city., he had navigated her location, through their phone calls. The total area of the town was too small, compared to the other cities of England. Which was the first good sign in his search.