Chapter 17:His shelter

Tilting her head to her right side, her dark orbs met Vikram's chocolate orbs.He was staring at her without blinking.

Gasping a bit she tried to get up,though her weakness didn't allow her.

"Hello sleeping beauty,had a sound sleep it seems?asked Vikram with a soft smile trying to ease her tension.
Her eyes flickered,and breath became uneven.

"Wh..why..am I here..?"she stuttered in between.

"Why?..do you know this place before?"Vikram snapped back at her in order to make her retort him, forgetting the bitter memories.

Soon the bitter moments flashed before her eyes making her fragile body tremble in fear and disgust.Isha tried to get up.The last thing she remembered was one of the sadists climbing the bed almost hovering over her.She panicked thinking what would have happened after she fell unconscious.

Soon she started crying vigorously hugging her knees,burying her face.
Isha totally forgot the fact that Vikram was beside her watching all this.She cried her heart out,screaming her lungs out.

The thought of getting molested and loosing her dignity seem to stab her alive.

Vikram didn't stop her,instead he watched her silently yet his heart felt a pang looking at her miserable state.As he felt that,crying heart out would ease the pain and grief more than expected.

A good few moments passed by, Vikram called her again much more softly.That was the moment wave of realisation hit her reminding that ,Vikram was there.

Her puffy eyes turned towards Vikram's direction with a reflex.

"Where am I sir?"her voice was very feeble and her occasional hiccuping didn't seem to subside.Eyes now started looking around the room horrified hoping against hope that those guys would turn up.
It made her clutch the fluffy bedsheets tightly in her fists.Isha started weeping again.

"Shh..calm down,calm down.Nothing will happen to you .I'm here na?Please don't cry."Vikram tried to calm her down.But it didn't stop her crying.Again her whimpers turned into sobs.

Unable to pacify her with words,Vikram quickly shifted beside her, pulled her into a bear hug wrapping his left arm around her shoulders securely,he placed her head near his throbbing heart and started patting her head affectionately with his free hand.

He couldn't figure out what made him do that.What matters right at the moment was to console the broken soul he thought.

She was stiffened at the sudden act of Vikram.Lifting her head up she looked straight into his eyes,with wide eyes as the dream flashed through her mind. Vikram who was expecting her shocked expression, assured her with his eyes.
A while later her sobbing session came to an end.

Isha felt like detaching herself from him,but her whole body was weak enough to not to let her do it.Blame it on the influence of alcohol.She stayed within his embrace without moving.

Isha felt secured within his warm embrace even when she wasn't in her complete senses now.

Getting no reaction from Isha,Vikram looked down to see her fast asleep in his arms.

A chuckle escaped his mouth.He again pat her cheek softly,who opened her weary eyes again.

Her eyes went wide,closing her mouth with her palm,Isha tried to get up from the bed.Her weak legs gave up.Rushing to her side Vikram lifted Isha again and made her stand infront of the washbasin,while holding her head for support.

Isha throw up everything she had. Once sha was done leaving nothing in her bladder,Vikram cleaned her with his handkerchief, and ran his fingers through her disheveled hair in order to keep it kempt.