Chapter 11

I walked out of the burning building holding a little boy who was around 6.

"This is the last one" I called out to the many firefighters, "Thank you" They said back trying to stop the fire.

I set the little boy on the ground in front of me. He kept crying and asking for his parents. I placed my hands on his shoulders trying to calm him down. "Hey, look at me, you are going to be okay. I promise, and we will find your parents and they will be okay."

"What's your name?" I asked, the boy looked up from the ground, "Oliver"

"Okay, Oliver, these firefighters are going to help you find your parents and take you somewhere safe." He nodded and then took me by surprise when he gave me a hug. "Thank you, Fire Girl."

He then followed the firefighters towards his parents, I watched as he hugged both of his parents and then looked over to my direction. I gave them a small wave and smile before I turned back around to leave.

I looked over to see many cameras facing my way, probably catching the whole scene. I ran away before reporters came and tried to talk to me.

Fire Girl, I thought, that's so basic, but laughed it off as I continued to walk back to my apartment, thinking about the boy and his parents.

*Present*

I was brought back to reality when I heard a knock on my door. I walked up to the door and opened it to see Gar standing there."Hey"

"Hi, I just wanted to say goodnight, everyone else is heading to bed." Gar spoke, "Oh, okay, goodnight, let me know if you need anything." I said before he left to his room.

I stood there for a moment before heading over to Rachel's room to say goodnight and check up on her.

I knocked on the door and opened it when I heard Rachel call me to come in. I stood at the doorway looking confused, "What's going on?" I asked when I saw Dick moving a mirror off the wall.

"She wanted to move the mirror, that's all." Dick answered as he set it down on the ground. I walked closer to Rachel, shutting the door, standing at the end of the bed watching Dick move the mirror.

"Could you turn it around, please?" Rachel asked, sounding a little scared, Dick turned the mirror to face the wall. "Thank you. Aren't you gonna ask me why?" Rachel said, looking at the two of us.

I nodded my head no as Dick spoke for the both of us."It's enough that it bothers you."

"You really think I can learn to control powers?" Rachel asked, breaking our silence. "Yes," I answered. "I do," Dick added before he started to leave the room.

"You need to show us." Rachel asked, I knew what she was talking about. "Show you what?" Dick asked, confused.

"What you can do." I answered, catching Dick by surprise.

"You need to show us...Them." Rachel started referring to the others and probably myself, "Me."She finished

Dick stood there a moment processing it, "You both should get some rest." he said before leaving the room for real.

After he left, I walked over to where he was about to leave before I asked Rachel, "You, okay?" She just nodded in response, "Let me know if you need anything, I am just down the hall, Goodnight." I added.

"Goodnight" Rachel said before I left her room to go to my room

I sat in my room trying to fall asleep but was interrupted when I heard Rachel yell Kory's name.

I got up from my bed and ran outside to see the weird family's kids fighting Kory. "Get her out of here, Gar!" Kory yelled when Gar came out of his room running in our direction.