Chapter 29

"6 coffees are ready." The barista said with an attitude obviously not having his own coffee for the day. Me and Jason both walked up and grabbed our coffees. "Thank you, have a good day." I smiled. "Yea, yea whatever." The man said walking back over to where he was making the drinks.

I still kept my smile, "Why are you smiling, he was an asshole." Jason questioned. "Sometimes people are assholes and haven't had their coffee yet. So, let's get these back to the tower before we have some of our own assholes." I joked. Jason just laughed picking up the rest of the coffees.

"Why were we assigned coffee duty today?" I complained. "To be honest I don't know but its nice to get out of the tower and away from the others." Jason winked, grabbing the coffees and leading the way to the door.

"And plus we haven't gotten coffee in a while for everyone." He added. I have to admit getting coffee with Jason has been the highlight of my week. "That or they wanted us to get the coffee and maybe get soaking wet from the rain storm about to come." I suggested.

With all the training and researching and learning assigned by Dick. We haven't alone time with each other, besides training together. Or him hanging out in my room until I fall asleep almost every night to make sure I don't have a nightmare, and if I did he would come running helping me and calming me down.

We think no one has noticed but to be honest they probably have. Dick has been 5th wheeling us, Rachel and Gar, there is definitely something going on there, and then me and Jason, or at least I hope there is something going on with us.

"Seriously rain." I complained watching our coffees and our clothes getting wet. "Here" Jason said before dragging me to a covered bus stop. "So are we going to wait for the rain or sprint home." I said while sitting down on the bench and setting down the coffees.

"Well, we could do that," Jason started following my same actions, "or we could do something else." He added, "Surprise me, Jay." I winked, moving my face closer to his.

Before saying anything else he dragged me back out into the rain. "Ember, will you dance with me in the rain." Jason laughed, reaching his hand out to mine.

"Since when do you like dancing?" I questioned his weird behavior. "Why can't I dance in the rain with a pretty girl." He pouted, making me roll my eyes at his compliment, and also blushing so hard, but trying to hide it.

"Pretty? You're acting weird Jason, what did you do?" I asked, "You brought me out in the rain to dance. Which not to mention is the cheesiest thing ever, we aren't in one of those movies which are like 5 other movies because they have the exact same plot." I continued.

"Yea, maybe, but you love those movies. You make me watch one of them every week." He joked, "Cause they're funny, hell they might even be comedies, not romance movies." I said watching as he kept moving closer to me, I chose to ignore it and continue with my point.

"I love when the two main characters meet up, become friends but realize they actually love each other, and then one day they kiss and live out there perfect lives, so yea they are hil-" I started before getting interrupted by the one thing I have been dreaming of happening since we met.

We kissed, Jason Peter Todd just kissed me and I liked it, instead of pulling away I kissed him back. It was perfect, cheesy yes, but it was amazing.

The guy I have been searching for, the person who understands me, cares for me, actually kissed me. I couldn't help but smile as he pulled away.

"You do realize that was the cringiest and cheesiest way to kiss me right?" I joked, "Yeah, I kinda regret it, I should have kissed you in front of a dumpster, or worse in front of Dick." He joked, making both of us laugh.

"Oh come on I know you liked it" I smiled, "I know this is great and all but I am soaking wet." I added moving back over to the bench with Jason following behind. "I think we should get our own movie now." He laughed, "Now we wait for the rain, unless you want to run back to the tower."

I lend my head on his shoulder watching the rain. "I kinda like it here." I spoke looking up at Jason and locking eyes with him. "Don't do that ever again."

"What?" Jason questioned, "Copy from a romance movie, do your own shit. I like your personality way better." I smiled.

We sat there for a while waiting for the rain, after about 45 minutes and 2 coffees down, we headed back to the tower.

"What happened to you guys?" Dick questioned as he got up from the coach walking towards us. "What do you think?" Jason sarcastically said, putting the rest of the now cold coffees on to the table.

"Now enjoy your coffees, I will be right back, gotta dry off." Jason added walking over to his room. Gar and Rachel walked in looking confused as to why we were so late, but then realizing as they saw my soaking wet clothes.

I watched as they all had disappointed faces at their cold coffees. "Hey are you okay? Your face is red." Rachel asked, moving my attention to her. " I...um...the rain?" I stuttered but not convincing her, since she put her coffee down and dragged me to her room.

"Spill, what happened." Rachel started, "If you don't I will use my powers."

I stared at her in shock, "You wouldn't." I was still surprised at her demanding and also intrigued tone. "Oh but I will." She smiled.

"We kissed." I quickly said get it out of the way. "What?" Rachel questioned, "Jason and I kissed." I answered, watching as her shocked face turned into a smile.

I then started to talk about the kiss and then eventually talking about how much I liked him without sounding weird. It was amazing, it was like talking with my little sister I never could have.

"You are totally falling in love with him" Rachel stated, "No I am not, liking him maybe, falling in love come on. If anything you are falling in love with Gar." I joked trying to switch the conversation.

"We are here to talk about you, not me." She corrected, "Fine we will talk more in training, come on we have to practice our powers." I spoke as I walked out the room to go dry off and get ready for training.

But the only thing on my mine was that Jason fucking Todd kissed me, Ember Jones, and it wasn't a dream.