Chapter 30

"Didn't see you as a coffee guy." I joked to Gar as I poured myself some coffee as well. "Really?" Gar questioned taking a sip of his own coffee.

"Yea, you don't give me that kind of vibe more like an energy drink guy or water and soda person." I added sitting next to him at the island. "How come?" He was still curious about my opinion.

"Maybe because when we went to your room in your old place you had a fridge full of sodas, and I am sure there was an energy drink or two in there, not coffee." I argued, confident in my point.

"You kinda have a point, I just wanted to try something new." Gar spoke, taking a sip of his coffee, looking like he slightly enjoyed it, but also hated it. "You're trying to be like Dick, addicted to coffee." I joked as the devil himself came in as if he was summoned.

"Who's addicted to coffee?" Dick questioned as he put another empty mug in the sink. "Who do you think?" I joked, turning to face Gar who was laughing along with me, watching Dick look at us in confusion.

"Ha, ha. You have training with Jason in 10 minutes, Em." Dick spoke, making my laugh stop and make my eyes roll at the thought of another training session.

"Fine, I will go get changed." I complained, putting my coffee down and heading to my room to get ready.

"I have to say you might beat me one day" Jason joked as he once again beat me in a training exercise. "I love how you joke about that but yet half of the time I win, I just let you win this time." I joked back.

He reached his hand out to help me up from the ground. We both grabbed our water, I looked around seeing we were finally alone, so maybe this is a good time to talk I thought.

"Hey umm... can we talk." I anxiously spoke. "Yea about?" Jason questioned.

I just stared confused and kinda pissed off on how he didn't know. "What do you think Jay?" I asked, sounding pissed. He just shrugged, still confused or trying to ignore it at least.

"Seriously." I questioned, "The kiss, the fucking kiss. Its been a week and you haven't said a single fucking thing about it." I angrily spoke, grabbing my things and heading towards the door.

Before he could speak, I interrupted him, "Look, if you have a hard time expressing your emotions, okay I get that. Just talk to me about it, ignoring it doesn't hide the feelings."

"Bye Jay." I said as I left the training room afraid to look back. I quickly went back to my room trying not to bump into anyone. I sat on my bed for a few minutes before I heard a knock on the door.

"Hey, are you ready for training?" I heard Rachel's voice. I kept silent, not sure if I should train with my emotions being a little crazy right now. "You okay?" Rachel asked, I stayed silent still not wanting to talk.

"I am coming in." Rachel said before opening the door and walking next to where I was sitting.

"What's wrong?" Rachel asked, looking at me with concern. "Nothing okay, let's go practice." I said trying to ignore my past thoughts. "You're lying, and you can't lie to me, remember, I know everything." Rachel added, grabbing my arm not letting me leave.

"Remember when Jason and I kissed like a week ago." I started, Rachel nodded her head as I continued. "He hasn't said a single thing about it, and yes maybe he sucks at showing emotions and shit, but for all I know he could have kissed me just because of the moment. I don't know if he likes me back, he hasn't said anything and won't try, so I am stuck wondering if this is a one way relationship."

"Like how can you live with someone you kissed and not say anything about it. I don't even care if he says he hates me and doesn't want to be in that kind of relationship, I just want to know and not constantly worry." I added, looking down and starting to tear up.

I hate this feeling, he could either like me back like how I like him or he could be the opposite but there is no way to tell, and it is killing me.

"Em, I am 1000% sure he likes you back, just give him a few more days, maybe now that you mentioned something he might start thinking about it more, believe me I hate it too when you don't know if the person you like back likes you the same." Rachel comforted me, giving me a small hug but one full of love and comfort.

"I will give him a few days, if he doesn't say anything. I am gonna end it and maybe we can go back to our friendship and pretend it never happened." I suggested, pulling away from the hug.

"Let's go practice our powers, hopefully Dick won't kill us this time." I joked, lightening the mood.

We both headed to the training room, luckily Jason already left. Dick met up with us and told us to show him our powers and help control them a little more.

We have been doing this for weeks now, every once in a while my powers go a little crazy, and I don't leave till I get it right, same goes for training in combat. I kinda grew up with that idea of not giving up till I got it right, it was a blessing and a curse.

Not surprisingly today was one of those days. I was meant to aim my fire balls on to a target, after almost an hour I still couldn't get it.

"Okay, that's enough for today. We will continue this tomorrow." Dick spoke, distracting me. "No" I said, still trying to aim for the middle of the target.

"Em, it has been an hour, we can do this tomorrow, you need rest." Rachel said, Dick nodded his head in agreement. "Look, you guys can leave but I am not leaving so I get this perfect. My parents always told me practice makes perfect and don't give up till you get it right." I smiled, turning my focus back to the target.

Dick came up in front of me putting his hands on my shoulders, distracting me enough to focus my attention on him. "Em, practice doesn't mean one day, give it time. You seem a little off, maybe today is just one of those days, okay. So please do me a favor and get some rest."

I nodded my head, giving up on arguing and headed back to my room. Ignoring the calls for dinner and just heading to bed.

Why can't life be good for one day, one day, not one minute.