Chapter 46

Death is the one thing I both want and fear at the same time. I lost him, I told him we would be out of here on a date or training together, not me watching him fall to his death.

I have lost to many people in my life, to the point where I think I lost myself. And the thought of never seeing Jason again, really hit hard. If Dick wasn't holding on to me so tight I would jump down and fall to my death.

I couldn't imagine what Jason was going through right now, he was going to die, he was falling to his death. Why can't the nicest people have the happiest endings, why do we get stuck with the worst ones.

We watch as our lovers die, or die ourselves. We can never win, yes we win the fights but never the internal ones.

I couldn't breathe, my heart was racing, I was balling my eyes out as Dick held me from falling to my own death. There was nothing I could do.

I looked away and into Dick's arms not being able to watch Jason.

"Em, Em, Ember, look." Dick yelled as he shock my body like crazy, "Dick I don't want to fucking look." I yelled back, feeling every emotion possible right now.

He grabbed my face and moved it so then it faced where Jason was falling from. "He's okay." Dick signed in relief. I couldn't believe it, Jason survived the fall, he was okay.

I got up as fast as I could before I ran down the stairs to where Jason and the mystery hero landed. "Jay" I called out as I turned the corner of the car seeing him talking to the other guy.

I jumped into his arms giving him the tightest hug I could, crying happy tears. "Hi." I cried as I pulled away from the hug. "Hey." Jason smiled before giving me another hug but this time with a kiss on my forehead.

As we pulled away from each other I gave him a slight slap on the arm, not hurting him too much. He grabbed where I hit him, acting like it hurt him, but I knew it didn't since he was smiling. "What was that for?"

"For falling out of a building without me. Don't do that ever again, I can't live without you." I stated, before grabbing him by the face and giving him a kiss on the lips this time.

He was okay, Jason was right in front of me alive. "You were the one who died, remember." Jason reminded me, I almost forgot I got stabbed and "died" right in front of him.

"I didn't actually die, I just was unconscious for a little while. I only got stabbed. I am okay." I tried to smile, even though the stabbing and choking did almost kill me, so no I was not okay, but Jason was the one who fell out of a building.

"You got stabbed?" The other guy asked, bringing me back to reality and realizing he was there listening and watching us.

"Yea, I'm good now. Who are you?" I questioned, "He's the guy who saved my life." Jason smiled, making the rest of us smile ourselves.

"Well thank you, even though that isn't enough for how much you deserve." I started before I watched as he got shot? He just fell to the ground as both me and Jason kneeled down to help him.

Dick and Kory eventually made their way over to us. "Jason, Ember? What happened?" Dick asked as he saw us helping the guy.

"He just saved Jason's life." I told them as they helped him up, leaving me and Jason alone.

We grabbed each other's waist helping each other up and walked over to the car. "Ow, don't touch there." I complained as he let go of my stab wound. "Sorry, the glass must have gotten in the cut and it hurts a little." I added.

I looked at his hand showing blood from the wound. "Em, we need to get this cleaned up now. You're losing a lot of blood." Jason demanded, starting to walk up faster.

"Jay, I am fine, let's get the guy who got shot and you taken care of first okay. You have bruises and cuts all over you." I argued, giving him a death stare, making it known to him I wasn't going to argue anymore.

"Fine, let's just stop the bleeding then you can help me." He agreed, not wanting to argue anymore. "I'm sorry, I have just been a little stressed." I apologized, feeling terrible about yelling at him.

"Guess we both got beat up pretty bad huh?" He joked, making me chuckle a little. "Yea, I'm just glad you're back." I smiled, getting a small kiss from him on my forehead.

"Why was it so boring without me there?" He asked, making me laugh even harder now. "Maybe" I smiled before we met up with the others and drove back to the tower.

As we arrived at the tower we all rushed to get the mystery guy to the medical room and set up. Since everyone was busy helping him me and Jason grabbed a first aid kit and went to his room.

We could've stayed there or asked someone to help us, but we wanted alone time. Time to really settle in the fact that we were back together and okay. Maybe not okay but alive.

"They're all cleaned up." Jason smiled as he finished cleaning my blood. "Thank you." I said as I stared at him not processing the fact that he was here in front of me.

I could see him staring at me for a while, not blinking at all. "What?" I chuckled confused on what he was doing. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" He complimented.

"I was until I got all these bruises and cuts all over." I joked looking away, almost ready to cry again for like the 20th time tonight.

He grabbed my face, facing it right at his. "You are the most gorgeous person I know. Those cuts and bruises are a way to show how strong you are. You are the most badass girl I know." He argued, before I pulled him in for a kiss.

"And I have to say you are pretty handsome Todd." I joked in between the kisses. "Last names? Okay if that's how you want to play Jones." He laughed before giving me another kiss.

All I have to say is that I truly love Jason Todd more than anything in the world.