Chapter 47

My heart racing, breathing fast, hands shaking, and on the edge of a breakdown. The nightmares were back.

I sat up in bed waking myself up from the nightmare I was just having, over and over again. I see Jason falling or almost getting killed by Deathstroke.

I moved to the edge of the bed covering my face with my hands, slightly crying. I thought they were gone, they should be, Jason by my side, I am okay, but yet I didn't get any sleep last night.

I looked at the clock seeing it was around 4 am, great, no getting back to sleep I see. I felt hands rubbing my back, I turned to see Jason looking at me with concern.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Jason asked, still rubbing my back. "I'm fine, just not tired." I fake smiled looking away, trying not to let him see me lying.

"I know you better than that, Em. You're not okay, talk to me." Jason held my chin pulling my face closer to his. "It was a nightmare, that's all. You should go to bed, you are tired. I'm sorry I woke you up." I tried to shift the conversation.

I tried to get up from the bed and leave the room, to let him sleep but he pulled me back down shaking his head. "We both had rough nights okay. If you don't want to talk that's okay but just know I am here, and I know if I need to I can talk to you." Jason reassured me, kissing me on the forehead.

I nodded my head before wrapping my arms around him, not letting go for a few seconds. "I love you." I pulled away from the hug, just staring into his blue eyes. "I love you too." Jason gave me a kiss again but this time on the lips.

"Now, let's get some sleep please." He tried to convince me. I shook my head, afraid to fall asleep again. "I promise, I will be here, I am not leaving. If you wake up again, we can stay awake, but you are tired, Em. You need sleep, please." Jason begged, convincing me enough to fall back asleep.

I laid on top of his chest listening to his heart beating trying to convince myself that he was here and alive.

We slept in till about 11, finally getting some sleep after the horrible night we both had. "Morning." Jason yawned, stretching out his arms.

I smiled as I gave him a kiss on the lips, "Morning." I got up from the bed after fighting Jason to try and leave the bed,"I'm going back to my room to get ready." I left the room and headed towards my own room.

After getting ready for the day, I sat on the edge of my bed trying to focus on my breathing since it was starting to get heavier. "It's kind of funny how you are the reason almost 3 people you love have died, your parents, Jason." Deathstroke's voice spoke.

I lifted my head from facing the ground trying to figure out where the voice was coming from, but it was only a voice, no figure.

"I didn't kill anyone, Jason is alive anyway." I yelled out, now standing up. "Jason fell because you couldn't save him in time, your parents died because the world thought you needed powers, maybe it was your powers that killed them." Deathstroke continued to taunt.

"STOP!" I yelled now, getting pissed off. I turned my head to face the door, staring right at Deathstroke. "I'll stop when I'm lying." He laughed before I tried to punch him in the face but it just ended up me punching the air.

"What happened?" Jason swung open the door looking really worried. " Nothing okay, I'm going to the training room." I yelled giving him an attitude before leaving him in my room alone.

I tried to hold back the tears on my way to the training room, hoping no one would see me. I felt horrible but Deathstroke is getting in my head even though he isn't really there? Whatever was going on was pissing me the fuck off, and sadly Jason was the one receiving the attitude.

I trained for about and hour, just trying to distract myself from everything.

"You okay?" Dick asked, walking into the training room. "Look, I'm not really in the mood to talk right now." I argued, running my hands through my hair.

Dick just stood there across from where I was sitting. "I know your here to yell at me for going out and having Jason almost die, but I don't want to fucking hear it."

"That's...that's not what I came here to do." Dick hesitated, looking behind me and at me like there was someone there.

"See you're even hesitant about it, just admit some part of you blames me, you can't yell at Jason because he fell and almost died 12 hours ago, so you have to blame me." I yelled getting up from my seat and standing a few inches from him.

Instead of Dick looking at me Deathstroke was behind him, "He doesn't even need to say it, you and him both know it, you are the reason Jason almost died." He joked, laughing at me.

I backed up a little, seeing a worried look from Dick. "You seeing things too?" He asked me, confusing me a little, but I just nodded my head.

"It sucks." I smiled trying not to show any emotion, "I'm going back, I need to talk to Jason." I added before leaving the room and find Jason, feeling really guilty from earlier.

I knocked on his door, hoping he would be there and I was right. "Hey, I'm sorry about earlier, I was just in a mood." I apologized, I couldn't tell him about Deathstroke, he almost got killed by him. What if he started to experience it too?

"Can we just talk later?" Jason asked, giving me an angry attitude from before. "Okay, fine. Be a fucking dick then." I said before turning around and leaving.

"You were the one who started this whole fucking thing." He yelled, grabbing my arms. "Because he was getting in my fucking head, he was saying shit and I was believing it. So fuck me for being a little messed up in the head right now."

I walked away from his room and went straight to my room, closing the door and sliding down to the floor, before having a breakdown.

I fucked up, why is it that every time we ever have something good it gets ruined. Deathstroke was killing us without even being present.