Chapter 39

The next morning before any of us went to training Jason grabbed both me and Gar and led us to the computer room to look up the girl.

Gar sat in the seat while both me and Jason stood behind him waiting for an answer. I don't know how this works but apparently all you need is a picture of someone running from the cops and you can know everything about her.

"Rose Wilson." Gar spoke, reading her name off of the girl. "And that's her dad, Slade Wilson." Gar added, I looked over to Jason who was to the left of me and he seemed to know something both me and Gar didn't.

"No fucking way." Jason said leaning closer to the screen, "What?" I asked, curious on what he was on about. "Deathstroke." He added.

"Who is that?" I asked, looking at Jason who seemed to be a little more cautious now. "Someone you shouldn't mess with." He said turning his body to face mine almost like he was worried about me and intrigued at the same time. "He's fucking dangerous." He added, turning back to the screen.

Soon after Rachel and Dick joined us. "That's Rose's father?" Rachel asked. "Yep. The one and only Deathstroke." Jason answered, still staring at the screen.

"Is that somebody you know?" I asked, referring to anyone in the room, mostly Dick or Jason. "Kind of. Old Titans business." Dick answered, making me turn to him but he kept his eyes on the screen.

"Check it. Former Delta Force commando. Part of H.I.V.E, Select soldiers who underwent a series of experimental bio-enhancements, Out of the 35 trial subjects, the only one to survive was Slade Wilson. Interpol says he retired years ago after the death of his son Jericho." Gar read aloud, making me move my attention back to the screen showing lots of scary information about this guy.

Like Jason said, I don't think we should mess with this guy and we have his daughter held captive here, great. Couldn't this week get any worse.

"I tried having the computer find–" Gar added, "I'll take it from here." Dick interrupted, obviously uncomfortable. Then he shut off the computer like he was hiding something.

The security was then turned on and someone was trying to get in. "So, I guess you changed the code." Donna's voice joked, I couldn't help but smile. I missed them a lot, and right now was the perfect time for them to come.

Rachel led the way as we all followed behind her to see the others.

"You guys have no idea how much this place misses you." Rachel smiled walking up to Dawn and giving her a hug. "This place, huh?" Dawn laughed, also giving Gar a hug.

I would get one from her later, I thought as I gave Donna a hug. "Where's Kory?" I asked, stepping away from Donna and closer to Jason behind me.

"She sort of vanished." Donna spoke, making all of us very confused, and even Donna herself looked confused. "What do you mean by vanished?" Rachel questioned.

"I don't know. She's not answering her phone." Donna sighed, "But you know, she mentioned she wanted to see Florida. So, I just figured she made an Irish exit and took a quick little trip."

"We all need a vacation sometimes." I joked, crossing my hands as Jason wrapped his arm around me.

"Were you followed?" Dick asked, walking into our conversation. "We shell gamed before we knocked. Covered our tracks." Hank joked, earning a laugh from no one.

"Can you guys give us a minute, please?" Dick asked, making both me and Jason turn around confused on why he wants us to leave. Doesn't he realize we are a part of this issue too, not just the "adults".

I just gave him a death stare, pissed off at him. I could tell Jason was feeling the same because only Rachel and Gar listened the first time, leaving me and Jason.